by designs 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• TD
    TD

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Those pictures are freaky...

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It seems that her J W beliefs influence some of her painting these days - yours for $225 on her website ( limited prints, I believe, I am sure Terry could explain exactly what the format is )

I was told that she had sonated artwork to an Assembly Hall in the U S. Do we now know who to blame for those grotty prints that adorn the walls of every QB or refurbed K H these days??

A Little Child Shall Lead Them

Happy Kingdom

Love Makes A World Of Difference

• Terry
    Terry

In my link above there is considerable detail, but I'll repeat a bit of it here.

The layman who sees something which 'looks like' a painting will call it a painting and be none the wiser.

What usually fools people is the image laying on top of canvas.

Canvas is associated with painting.

However . . .

Any image can be transferred (bonded) to canvas from a print.

The offset lithograph is done by a machine. It differs radically from an original print hand-crafted by an artist in an atelier.

It is a glorified photo process.

1. The artist paints an original painting.

2. The painting is photographed.

3. The colors are electronically "separated" and printing on special paper.

4. The combined layers produce a simulacrum of the original image.

-----------------------

5. iF the lithograph image is then transferred to canvas it takes on the appearance of the original painting.

6. The addition of "brush strokes" with transparent gel which hardens atop the image adds verisimilitude.

7. The unwitting collector assumes he is buying an original painting, but it is dishonestly worded to say so.

• kairos
    kairos

I've attended the bookstudy/meetings for service in her home...

• rebel8
    rebel8

bluesbrother, are those really in the assembly halls?

I totally respect and love visual arts...but omg...I am just lol. I didn't realize it was possible to make the wts paradise zoo stories even more tacky and unbelievable.

Sorry but omg. She's a talented artist, maybe her work is not to everyone's taste, but you gotta admit she has talent. But the paradise petting zoo pieces just freak me out.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Her paintings hung in the Honolulu Bethel, in the KH if I remember. I have photos of them but the are buried in albums. I don't even know if that Bethel home exists anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit