A spiritual man does not wear colourful socks.

by LogCon 18 Replies latest jw friends

• LogCon
    LogCon

We encourage all to be examples to the flock.

Jesus stated, as recorded in Matt 5:29 . ' If, now, your right eye is making you stumble, tear it out and throw it away from you.+ For it is better for you to lose one of your members than for your whole body to be pitched into Ge·hen′na'.

We certainly do not want to stumble or, worse yet, be a stumbling block to the congregation. Evidently Jesus was stating a principle here in Matthew that he intended true Christians to apply to all aspects of their lives and not just their eyes. Therefore if you find colourful socks are luring you, if they have become such an obsession for you that you would think of wearing them to the Kingdom Hall or field service, better it would be to 'throw them away from you'.

Following are some of the fine examples of 'obedient ones'. Many are or have been pioneers in the past.

Listen, obey and be blessed.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Before you talk evil about a man, walk a mile in his shoes, sorry, socks.

I have done that, and I noticed that coloured socks have made me think undesirable thoughts. They made me miss meetings, service, show up late, and they're making me want to stare at the girls wearing spandex.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Sorry, LC.

By the looks of those people in the pictures, it seems so pathetic to worry about the colour of some socks, eh?

• naazira
    naazira

I remember a CO once said to embrace the corns on your feet, because those feet spread the good news of the kingdom. He said to Jehovah your feet are beautiful! I was counseled once for wearing sandals because my feet were the best looking in the entire hall

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

naazira: I was counseled once for wearing sandals because my feet were the best looking in the entire hall

I appreciate a woman with attractive feet.

I have often been caught looking down and admiring a lovely pair.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

For example, consider the beautiful Sigourney Weaver. Doesn't she have a lovely pair of feet?

Sigourney's feet

• Oubliette
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Your pictures are far too depressing. Here's some good ones:

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Jesus said to him: 'If you want to be perfect, go sell your belongings and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come be my follower' ". - JESUS CHRIST Matthew 19:21 NWT revised 2013

Anthony Morris III should be ashamed of himself. Nowhere in the Bible is Jesus concerned with socks, suits or spandex. People could respect the Governing Body and the individuals that make it up if they were more concerned with JESUS teachings rather than their own pharisaical pontifications. LogCon, the photos that you posted are an indictment of the lack of compassion for individual human beings in need from men like Anthony Morris. Yes who really is a 'spiritual man'? Someone that doesn't wear brightly colored socks or someone that cares for his fellow man?

• LogCon
    LogCon

sparky1 asked '...Yes who really is a 'spiritual man'? Someone that doesn't wear brightly colored socks or someone that cares for his fellow man...?

Answer: The one that cares for his fellow man.

Every day I ask myself the question: If I am not here to help strengthen and care for my fellowman, WHY AM I HERE?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit