A spiritual man does not wear colourful socks.

by LogCon 18 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

(Romans 10:15) . . .Just as it is written: “How comely are the feet of those who declare good news of good things!”

Why did Jesus not need to give rule after rule about footwear?

In my pioneer 20's a circuit overseer told us we had to wear pantyhose with our sandals even on service days where the temperature hung around 90 degrees.

Did the apostles wear nylons/socks with their sandals?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yep Blondie, we had a co that told the sisters the same thing!

(Looking back now, I think he had a thing for nylons.....)

One really hot day in the early 40 degrees Celcius / 100 degrees F, the 3 sisters all took them off in the car when we were doing Rv's!

It was in the days of my late teens, and we were all 'good pioneers' without 2 cents to rub together. It was an old car, non airconditioned!

When we met up at 3:30, the CO straight away noticed they had taken them off, and directly commented on it, and said it was undignified for them to have done it! Now, their skirts were almost ankle length, and non see through too mind you!

We all got back into the car, went home, and got changed and then went to the beach!

Now...those beautiful sisters were certainly 'undignified' then I can tell you in their beach / swimwear!....

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

One Memorial, a relative came to visit. Of course, I no longer attended the Memorial. Well, she made a stink that she didn't have any stockings to wear in it. I HAD to take her to Publix for her to buy a pair of Leggs. She was having a hissy fit over it. Jehovah would slight her down by lightning if she went to His Memorial without her stockings.

Mind you, I lived in South Florida where pantyhose are simply not worn. Not even female attorneys in court wear pantyhose.

Skeeter

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

So much bird food, man oh man, the birds will have a feast of fashionable gay men...

bird food

"Mommy, why is Uncle Herbert being disfellowshipped?"

"Child, look at his socks! This is disgusting to Jehovah. He simply hates colorful socks. Uncle Herbert probably also uses Spandex under that suit. He deserves to die. Now go and paint the battle over Jericho..."

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

You see? You see how the colorful socks thread is making me sin? I am getting all these "Beautiful Ukrainian Girls" ads. I'm outta here. Got to check on the Ukrainian girls. Bye.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It seems joke-hova wants everything to be gray, including the energy that thing puts on people. Take away the colored socks, what is next? Are they going to make the same rule on book bags? Perhaps they are going to narrow what's acceptable with socks so only a specific shade of dark gray of a specific (low quality, uncomfortable) brand and type are acceptable. Will that yellow umbrella be acceptable? (Bear in mind that yellow in the rain is easier to see from the driver seat of a car than gray.) Will starched white shirts, plain dark gray suits, and ties that are boring be required?

Then, what about the home? I suppose houses will have to be a uniform shade of gray, with zero landscaping. Inside, everything will have to be the standard shade of off-white. Squiggly things will have to light up (rather poorly, I might add) the place instead of incandescent, LED, or natural light. There will be zero tolerance for anything that resembles ornaments--whether it be floral prints on a tablecloth, decent artwork, or fixtures that are attractive. All starting with the damn socks.

And, since when do gay people gravitate toward colored socks? True, some gay people wear colored socks. But, I don't think it's out of proportion. Rather, it is a sign of communism that everyone needs to be almost identical with no one standing out. That they are not allowed to stand out in career or achievements, socks are one of the few areas they can stand out with. And now those commies are taking that away. The idea that colored socks in men attract other men is rubbish--that is in your soul, not your clothes. If you attract others of the same sex and you are not gay, it is because of damnation attached to your soul--damnation to which the washtowel is adding to.

• sparky1
    sparky1

All kidding aside.........the sock issue is nothing new. I know of an ex-elder who disassociated himself and his family over 10 years ago. Part of his exit was triggered when he was counseled on wearing 'inappropriate' socks that were not fit for an Elder. NO JOKE!

• sparky1
    sparky1

Let me see if I understand you correctly. In order to get baptised into your religion I need to have modest socks, right?

But the rings are no problem? Where do I sign up?!!!!!!!!

• apostrate
    apostrate

sparky1,

Back in the 70's a CO started a schism in a congregation in a suburb of Dallas, TX because he counciled some of the elders, telling them that cowboy boots were not appropriate for elders (or any other males) to wear to the KH. Nevermind that some of the cowboy boots in question cost more than some of the fancy allowable shoes that some brothers wore.

There was nothing outlandish about the cowboy boots that some brothers wore. I hadn't even noticed the boots because I never paid attention to peoples feet!

Pant suits on the sisters was also forbidden, but let me tell you, for some sisters, hiding their legs with pant suits was more of a blessing than an abomination!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit