Who really is the faithful and discreet slave?

by lv4fer 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

I was talking to my dad last night and I told him that there is no "organization" that Jehovah uses directly. He quoted this scripture and said "well then who is this talking about" I read the scripture and I have to say I am a bit puzzled. If it doesn't say what the JW's say (not that I'm saying they are it) then what does this scripture refer to? What does it mean? Any ideas or explanations.

Thanks in advance!!

"The reward for conformity was that everyone liked you except yourself."

Rita Mae Brown

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The same could be said about the 10 virgins... they are all parables.

I don't here the WTS talking about their 10 virgins.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Valis
    Valis

No use reinventing the wheel...Hope this helps..

http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/7209/slave.html

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• larc
    larc

Rita,

Here is my opinion. The scripture is a story, and illustration as it were, that Jesus used as a teaching aid, so his followers would get a simple idea, the idea that they should remain steadfast and responsible. I think the story should stand on its own, and not be interpreted to mean anything more than it was - a way to take the abstract concept of trustworthiness, and make it concrete and easy to remember. In my opinion, that's what it was, simple as that.

People remember concepts easier if they are tied to a visual image. Jesus was a good teacher, and he used that principle.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

The "faithful and prudent servant" is anyone spiritually leading others. PERIOD!

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Franz second book ISOCF, has a great reply. All true Christians are faithful stewards of God’s word.

Notice too, Jesus said that we have “only one master, and that all of you are brothers.” No where does it state that there would be a centralized authority for Christians. Notice how in the Book of Revelation, said to be written about 90AD, that Jesus delivered his message through many congregations, why not just through one group of Brothers as the governing body, like the Witnesses state? Read the book........

• Larsguy
    Larsguy

We have to JUMP TO CONTEXT HERE!

In order for there to be an "evil slave" and a "sluggish slave" there has to have been some confidence in some slave in the beginning for there to be a failure in the end. You can't have an "evil slave" being kicked out of God's house unless he was once in that house.

The other critical issue is that there was prophesied a "temple organization" in Daniel. "The temple would be in the right condition after 2300 evenings and mornings!"

So to get to the point, a specific temple organization was to be in place which would have a special purpose, like the Jews. But unfortunately, as prophesied, this temple organizatino would be corrupted. But still God would use it in it's corrupt state until the end of the harvest period when the sheep would be separated from the goats, the weeds from the wheat, the fine fish from the junk fish, etc.

Bottom line: JWs are that "temple organization" but that also means the host the "evil slave" who is in charge and becomes apostate. (2 Thess. 2:4).

When the Messiah arrives he finds the evil slave sleeping and kicks him out into the darkness and that's where we are right now. The GB opf JW is that "evil slave" and is now in spiritual darkness.

But STILL....you must recognize the witness organization as that "temple organization" that was prophesied about.

The temple organization does perform special services in the last days as far as the kingdom, but unfortunately, it also produces the "evil slave".....

So it's a bit complex and complicated, but in the end, JWs are God's true temple organization but the GB becomes an apostate "evil slave" at the same time.

That's it.

L.G.

• FetterFree Annie
    FetterFree Annie

Re: Bottom line: JWs are that "temple organization" but that also means the host the "evil slave" who is in charge and becomes apostate. (2 Thess. 2:4).

Pardon me??? If I'm not mistaken Jehovah's Witnessess have been around for maybe 100 yrs. While the true church with Christ as the head has been going since His resurrection

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

Larsguy is cooky cuz he thinks he's the messiah.

but his explanations are interesting

• maynard
    maynard

How do we know that the JW are the "temple organization"? I don’t recall that they have ever been the “faithful slave” in there entire existence.

Could the Mormons be the "temple organization"? Or maybe even the Catholics since they have been around the longest and have some “faithfulness” in their history.

Blessings
    Maynard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit