Who really is the faithful and discreet slave?

by lv4fer 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bang
    Bang

The spirit who is a slave, not a son, and yet remains faithful to his master. A slave of course does not remain in the house forever i.e. within us, our 'temple', a spirit of slavery does not endure eternally in the house (the Lord spoke of perservering).

On returning He and His Father make Their home with this person - their spirits are renewed - they are adopted sons and they know in their renewed spirit that they will never leave His house.
    They did not know this of the spirit they had before in that same way - they were a slave, perservering.
    No matter how faithful the slave, the privelige of sonship is not earnt by a slave - the work of a slave does not exact debt - only by a gift do they become a son.

Those who are not doing as He has instructed (love) are removed from the source of light and placed in the dark like the hypocrits, a place (condition) where people are known to gnash their teeth (in envy). You would notice how some hate good things happening to others.

The jovies will tell you how "a slave doesn't remain" means other bad people who are evil and left (escaped from) us.
    It's a teaching story, not an historical who's who.

Well, that's one way of finding life in it - show your dad that.

Bang

• Room 215
    Room 215

It seems to me that the Society's interpretation of this parable is muddled because it can't decide between whether it should take the view that the appearance of the FDS is a latter-day manifestation (or restoration to apostolic Christianity as a ``feature of the sign'' since it appears in Matt: 24; or in line with the Matt: 13 parable of the ``wheat and the tares'' a 1900-year-old slave as it has taught that there has always been an unbroked strand of true Christians extending back to the apostles.

The real problem with the latter, of course, is that Brooklyn can't show who passed the torch onto Charles Taze Russell, who's portrayed in most accounts as having sootfd apart as a renegade, standing apart from all of the organized religions of his time.

Then too, a careful reading of Matt 24 shows that the very slave who is pronounced ``faithful and discreet'' can turn bad (note: ``IF THAT SLAVE'' etc.)

Another weakness in the current JW doctrine is that effectively the non-Bethel members of this purported composite ``slave'' have no role in the Society's adminstration, research or writing, nor are any attempts on their part to contribute particularly welcomed by Brooklyn.
    James Caputo and Ron Frye have both published excellent essays on this question.

• Bang
    Bang

"if that slave" being one who was instructed, and in His house.

Bang

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Maynard said:

How do we know that the JW are the "temple organization"? I dont recall that they have ever been the faithful slave in there entire existence.

Could the Mormons be the "temple organization"? Or maybe even the Catholics since they have been around the longest and have some faithfulness in their history.

Here are my beliefs (based on research I have done):

The following Religions and Organizations are FALSE and are NOT teaching Biblical Truth:

* Jehovah's Witnesses
    * Roman Catholics
    * Mormons/Latter-Day Saints
    * 7th Day Adventists
    * Freemasons
    * Islam/Muslims
    * Judaism (for rejecting Christ Jesus)
    * Buddhism
    * The "Holy Rollers"

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

So UnDisfellowshipped, enlighten us, since you know absolutely the FALSE religions. . . who is the TRUE religion?

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Hi StinkyPantz,

I will let the Bible answer:

Jeremiah 17:5: Thus says Yahweh: Cursed is the man who trusts in man, and makes flesh his arm, and whose heart departs from Yahweh.

Psalm 118:8: It is better to take refuge in Yahweh, Than to put confidence in man.
    Psalm 118:9: It is better to take refuge in Yahweh, Than to put confidence in princes.

Romans 3:4: ....Yes, let God be found True, but every man a liar. As it is written, "That you might be justified in your words, And might prevail when you come into judgment."

Titus 1:2: in hope of eternal life, which God, who can't lie, promised before eternal times;

John 8:32: You will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free."

John 8:36: If therefore the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

John 14:6: Jesus said to him, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father, except through Me.

I follow the Father and Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, and what is written in God's Word the Holy Scriptures.

I follow no man, no organization, no organized religion, no club, no group.

Here is how Jesus Christ said that you would know who His true followers are:

John 13:34: A New Commandment I give to you, that you love one another, just like I have loved you; that you also love one another.
    John 13:35: By this everyone will know that you are My Disciples, if you have love for one another."

John 15:12: "This is My Commandment, that you love one another, even as I have loved you.
    John 15:13: No one has greater love than this, that someone will lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:14: You are My friends, if you do whatever I command you.

Matthew 7:12: Therefore whatever you desire for men to do to you, you shall also do to them; for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Mark 12:28: One of the Scribes came, and heard them questioning together. Knowing that He had answered them well, asked Him, "Which Commandment is the greatest of all?"
    Mark 12:29: Jesus answered, "The greatest is, 'Hear, Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One:
    Mark 12:30: you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' This is the First Commandment.
    Mark 12:31: The Second is like this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other Commandment greater than these."

Matthew 5:44: But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you,
    Matthew 5:45: that you may be children of your Father who is in Heaven. For He makes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust.

Of course, no one is perfect, so no one can always have the perfect love towards others that Christ had.

Everyone sins, makes mistakes, offends people.

But, if they truly believe in the True Jesus Christ of the Bible, and they try their hardest to have the Love that Jesus had, then they are the True Followers of Christ.

• minimus
    minimus

I believe there will be some "refinement" on the anointed and the slave class in the near future...Just my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit