Mind Control in the Watchtower

by SYN 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• SYN
    SYN

I doubt that I was ever awake in any study session/meeting anyway! Hell, I could sleep while doing Field Service! Now THAT is a talent only pioneers usually get the hang of!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

another gem

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    The Governing Body’s flip-flopping on, amongst other things, the blood and organ transplant doctrines, have caused real, honest people to DIE. You can’t pussy-foot around this fact. To make it worse, they have NEVER EVER publicly atoned for their gross, murderous misconduct – they are in the perfect ivory tower. Their word is law in the Organization.

excellent point...And if I presented this paragraph to a JW how would they respond? Please help me with this--would they say...

The light has become brighter?

It was a test of true faith, so these faithful ones did not die in vain?

Wait on Jehovah and he will give us the answer at the proper time?

thank god none of my family ever needed a transfusion during my dub days. would I have let my only child die for the WT? The thought horrifies me to this day. I no longer communicate with my JW sister (her choice) and I think maybe I should just back away and let her be, but she still has 2 little children. sometimes I feel torn--if I never say anything about the WT and how screwed up they are and something happens to one of her children because of it how will I feel? From what I hear about her kids they both appear depressed--sis is depressed too and paranoid--all most of us know this religion breeds mental illness in people. Maybe I should just say my piece and walk away. Don't know...

cybs

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    at the speed I read, I could underline my Watchtower in 10 minutes, tops, and be sure that all the answers were right.

Oh geez. I used to do that then sit in my room and read a novel for another 50 minutes or so before telling my mom I was "done" studying my watchtower. Of course one of the two (watchower or book study) had to be part of the family study so it was always an hour long endurance. It became sort of a game to me to make the longest fullest answer possible so she had nothing to add and we could go on to the next paragraph. But she would always try to guild trip me if our study wasn't long enough..would say we went through it too fast and didnt appreciate it..

And then to have it repeated at the study ugh. I felt like saying I get it already!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I suspect they would say all three. Everything gets justified

I knew a brother who needed a transplant. At the time that was forbidden and he died. About a year later they changed some of the policies and he coul dhave gotten the transplant he needed.

As for your sister...

you might want to write a letter to her and hope she reads it. Have it well documented withy as many references as you can find in both WT litterature and medical journals

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bttt.

Bangalore

• GrandmaJones

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit