Mind Control in the Watchtower

by SYN 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• SYN
    SYN

NeverJoinedTheBORG: As soon as people start telling other people what they can and cannot read, then you should get suspicious! What is worse is when people prevent THEMSELVES from reading things which might affect their faith. Surely faith should be able to stand up to scrutiny? Well, the Tower doesn't think so!

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• NeverJoinedTheBorg
    NeverJoinedTheBorg

Hi SYN:

Yeah I agree. Very few times have I seen anyone turn down reading such material, especially when it comes to faith!!

Now where in the Good Book does it say to be AFRAID of questions or of literature describing the thoughts and experiences of someone else, and to completely disregard such as poison? ;)

Maybe that comment was a bit synical, but I feel kinda burned because I lost friendship with some good folks.

• Quotes
    Quotes

SYN, this is an excellent post! Thank you for taking the time to write this for the record.

===========================
    For interesting Watchtower Society literature quotes, complete with references but without any editorial, check out: http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• SYN
    SYN

Thanks Quotes! I do what I can I guess...BTTT for all you American West Coast Insomniacs!

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• raven101
    raven101

That was great 'reasoning from without the scriptures' SYN!

You brought up some points I had never thought of, as well as some
    information I was never aware of. And the post was not so full of anger that it took away from the message.

god its nice to be free of religion!

raven101

• raven101
    raven101

By the way, the only 'demons' in your computer were the 'demons' of logic . . . the last thing they wanted you to be exposed to.

raven101

• SYN
    SYN

Thanks Raven, I'm sad to say I'm one of that group of people who've read and studied the entire length of "Reasoning from the Scriptures", so I tried to hold back the vitriol. Watch out for my next post, where I don't hold back my sheer pissed-offness, entitled "NEYEHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHAHDSHFHEHEEEE!!!!! GRRHHHAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

That was exciting, LOL!

• rmayer32
    rmayer32
    Would you allow a group of 8 men to VOTE on whether she could live or die?

As the father of 4 children ages 2 months to 12 years I can honestly say that would be 8 sumbitches that wouldn't want to even think of telling me to do anything they say.

Great post SYN!!! Hopefully it will open some eyes of a few lurkers around here.

-Rick
    "Keeping an eye on the Watchtower deviants"

• JanH
    JanH

At a pioneer course, the pioneers were told by their CO teacher that it was important that the congregation could see that they had studied. So even in cases where they did not have time to do so, they should go through the article with a marker, underlining every 3rd and 4th line in every paragraph. That is almost always the correct answer, anyway.

How is that for a mental challenge.

- Jan
    --
    - "How do you write women so well?" - "I think of a man and I take away reason and accountability." (Jack Nicholson in "As Good as it Gets")

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

lol.Jan,

The challenge is underlining your Watchtower while you are asleep, a talent that took me many years to perfect.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit