Zone Visit feedback, from ones still in??

by Crazyguy 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My diehard JDub mother said she fell asleep during the last part of it and she didn't even recall any of AM3's diatribe comments. She also commented that since she had to drive 50 miles to the Assm Hall for this meeting, her gas tank fillup was the only contribution she made toward the event.

Times are changing (maybe).

Doc

• awakenyr2004
    awakenyr2004

Ha! Desirousofchange, my crazy jdub mom falls asleep through most of the assemblies. My family teases her that she only goes to get a good nap. But she relies on my siblings and the elders to explain her beliefs to her. And she always feels guilty when she has no money to donate which is most of the time.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Lots of jokes afterwards. My wife thought the remarks about if you are not a MS by 23 than something is wrong with you was mean spirited and not right. She also said that she thought most of the Morris remarks were his own opinion and he could have spoken about something encouraging instead of using the opportunity to put down people's clothes. In standing around with other women in her age group and younger (all of whom workout and love wearing yoga pants), they all thought it was stupid and they were going to continue wearing what they wear.

On the downside, one of my wife's friends who suffers from depression felt awful afterwards and both my wife & I had to basically talk her off the ledge. Really sad that a meeting that was supposed to encourage became a trigger for a depressive episode.

Tony you are a douche

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

DB, Tony you are a douche

No, Losch is the douche, Tony's a Turd.

Otherwise I completely agree with you!

DB: Really sad that a meeting that was supposed to encourage became a trigger for a depressive episode.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Really sad that a meeting that was supposed to encourage became a trigger for a depressive episode.

That kind of person prob needs to pray more, study (WT Lit) more, go in Field Serve-Us more.

Doc

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

What's that scripture about how 'the whole assembly of them were in confusion and didn't know why they had been called together'? Basically the zone visit was a meeting meant for Bethelites and for some reason it got accidentally broadcast to much of the JW world and we were accidentally asked to watch it. It had little to do with us and I have no idea why they didn't broadcast the annual meeting instead.

I do know one thing... people with weight problems shouldn't be bragging about their ability to get to breakfast on time.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi Apognophos,

So right...it was another way to bamboozle the friends...to include us in the Zone meeting at one time for only for some....so they thougt to pacify us by inviting us....after all that we are supposed to feel priviledged...NOT....Maybe that's why we never were invited to the zone meetings...what we saw was exactly what they usually are...Boring & does not pertain to the R&F...but since it's 100 yrs. since Jesus is in charge or something like that...& nothing has happened...they were just trying to dazzle us....WE ARE NOT IMPRESSED...most of the R&F walked away with a Duh look, but they ain't going to say one word....all they can say...GREAT REMINDERS....AKA for What the heck was that all about ?

Witnesses eat alot because they are suppressed & can't do anything else...there are many things that sooth the savage soul...but most witnesses can't do them...so they eat...orally fixated .....I would say.....

Legacy

• wandasoo
    wandasoo

We all should send Tony a pair of colored socks and use the local kingdom hall as the return address. Hubby went but never said a word to me, so I told him a few of the comments I knew about. I could hardly get it out of my mouth without laughing. He just went out and bought 10 pair of the colored socks last week, told him I'm sorry you can't wear them. Maybe I will send Tony a couple pairs.

I do t know how to upload photos but I saw this on my FB feed a few days after the zone meeting. Apparently a lot of jws are mocking the talk as well. The comments seemed to also support him and acknowledge how disappointed they've been in how some didnt take it seriously..

" What's on my mind? Hopefully no one gets offended by this post, nothing personal, but it's something that I had been thinking about. I feel that for some of us who are sharing the memes created of Saturday's and yesterday's talk from the GOVERNING BODY, I honestly feel that some of them are a mocking of what the talks were about. Don't get me wrong, some weren't made for that purpose or intent, but there were some that were posted on instagram that I felt were mocking the bro thers whose direction you know comes from whom? I rarely post anything about my opinion on things, but this is one of them where I have to step in. If you feel I'm being "self-righteous", I apologize because I'm not. I think that some of the young ones have took it a little too far and made a mockery out of it. Those that were offended by the skinny jeans and stuff, some were offended and some weren't. But these are directions from the branch because despite being direct, it was obviously of importance."

from a super spiritual pioneer brother

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

some elderly governing body members have a bad way of using thier odd sense of humor, they try to be funny and end up doing more damage.

they should probably have never gotten into the limelight.

its like grandpa went on a rant, and now grandma has to bake cookies and try to make everyone forget about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit