Zone Visit feedback, from ones still in??

by Crazyguy 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• doneandout
    doneandout

Here's something I noted:

This sunday during the wt "study", I saw an elder wearing colored socks (not just one, but multiple colorS).

So I'm sitting there (not listing hehe) thinking about them (looks like he "stumbled" me, ops). Either this elder didn't attend the visit, if so why? Should "we" attend all meetings, even if sick. Or he didn't listen to the "advice" form the gb, then why should I when the elders are supposed to be setting examples for the rest of "us".

Either way, even this elder is blowing off (no pun indended) the gb.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Well, a little update - got dragged out in serveus this weekend, and after the meeting my wife was talking to a woman in her 50s (one of those that always dresses 20-30 years younger than she is) who was saying she now had to throw away most of her clothes because they're too tight. In the course of the conversationg I heard my wife say "He (AMIII) shouldn't have said that. He shouldn't be up there making rules like that." So maybe some of what I've said has gotten through to her a little bit. Maybe there's some hope.

The problem, though, is that I don't think she really sees the connection of the fact that this man is a GB member and made claims in his talk that he was essentially speaking on behalf of jesus/jehovah. She's really just in it because of the guilt and for the social life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit