Is the WTS effectively 'pimping out' sisters?

by Simon 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon
    Simon

I can't remember the topic with the discussion about the talk where they suggested that sisters should only consider ministerial servants as potential marriage partners but think about the implications more.

Are they trying to use the potential affections of sisters to enourage brothers to do more and work harder?

Isn't this a form of 'pimping out' the sisters by limiting their attention to the people contributing to them?

It seems to cross a line to me but I guess it's not vastly different to "only marry another JW".

What do you think?

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

But it's like a Seinfeld script, when George is bad so girls like him.

In truth all girls like a rebel and all parents hope they instead go for the " A" student

• sparky1
    sparky1

Heck, I remember in the 60's some witnesses saying that you should not get married until after Armageddon. That way if a potential marriage mate survived Armageddon you would know that they were really 'spiritual' and that they loved Jehovah. Some things never change, they just get 'spun' differently. Same $hit, different day.

• blondie
    blondie

Don't worry, sisters don't need to be encouraged to look for mates that are MS or elders or Bethelites. Women have no status in the WTS only that of their husband (or their father).

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

I thought I read something to that affect also. Didn't have the time to search out the context, but someone posted something that did sound like a GB member said something about a sister should only consider marrying a brother who was at least a Ministerial Servant. Say it enough and it eventually becomes a Watchtower unoffical rule. Something like that could certainly be used to prompt JW men to reach out and take an elder or MS appointment if it would result in obtaining a more attractive or whatever marriage mate.

• sir82
    sir82

Frankly, I don't think AMIII gives a rat's patootie about "sisters".

He was all het up about "brothers" who are not "spiritual enough" to be a MS at age 23.

I.e., his focus was on the lazy slob "brothers".

• Simon
    Simon

Women have no status in the WTS only that of their husband (or their father).

That's what I mean - they indoctrinate the girls to only give their attention to the MS boys as a way of enticing boys to contribute more, buy into the system.

Aren't they affectively using the girls affections for their own benefit?

Shouldn't the message really be simply "marry someone nice who loves you in return".

• cofty
    cofty

They are using sex as an inducement to get compliance from young men. Disgraceful!

• Simon
    Simon

Frankly, I don't think AMIII gives a rat's patootie about "sisters".

He was all het up about "brothers" who are not "spiritual enough" to be a MS at age 23.

Exactly, they don't care about them at all. But they are happy to use them to solve their problem:

The number of competent brothers is drying up and if they do the system folds.

• Simon
    Simon

They are using sex as an inducement to get compliance from young men. Disgraceful!

It will never wor ... oh, no wait

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit