Interview with an “Unbelieving Mate (UBM)”: Frazzled

by Frazzled UBM 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• blondie
    blondie

goats

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Thanks, Frazz, for sharing your feelings.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Interesting read, Fraz. So far it appears that we are the only UBMs to do the interviews.

• Simon
    Simon

Interesting read, Fraz. So far it appears that we are the only UBMs to do the interviews.

I think the number of UBMs vs exJWs is probably quite low which would explain the reduced numbers.

That doesn't mean your thoughts, input and experiences are not valuable and interesting to have of course!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I'm glad to hear that things are currently going well for the both of you w.r.t. the religion not having a tight grip on your wife, Frazzled. As you mentioned, she would probably benefit from counseling, but I would suggest that the anxiety in her lower brain (the emotional core of the mind) cannot be properly appeased until the higher brain (her intellect) gives it permission to relax. In other words, if she still believes "it's the truth" or "it's the closest thing to the truth" then she is still going to be vulnerable to sudden bouts of guilt or fear and maybe a desire to return.

Counselors are not able to dispense TTATT in verbal or pill form. While you found that storming the castle didn't work in the past, it could be that, now that she is not attending meetings and getting her regular reindoctrination, a patient, gentle offer to show her TTATT in dribs and drabs will allow her to escape WT control more completely. You might already be doing this, but I say it for the benefit of anyone else reading as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit