Inactive ones are bloodguilty?

by dissonance_resolved 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

I've been thinking about Brother Morris' statement at the zone meeting this past weekend that inactive ones are bloodguilty. Bloodguilt is defined as "guilty of murder or manslaughter." Murder is #1 on the list of disfellowshipping offenses- all they would have to do is change the wording from "murder" to "bloodguilt" and suddenly there you have grounds to disfellowship anyone who's inactive. It also has that sneaky, "nothing's changed, this is what we've always said" ring to it.

Could this be how they plan to thin the ranks of faders?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It could just be that they wish to guilt the inactive in to earning more $$$ for them, I don't think they need to have a plan to thin the ranks. Every one that goes inactive takes a hell of a lot of effort to replace.

But, inactive ones don't contribute as many $$$ as active ones, so, frighten 'em back in to activity is the name of the game.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

inactive ones are bloodguilty

Sounds like the propaganda techniques of 'appeal to fear' and possibly also 'guilt by association'. Either way it shows the level of mind control the GB will stoop to to get money to help paedophiles.

The GB divert attention away from THEIR bloodguilt....need I list the reasons?

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I wonder how many hours brother Morris did last month. Now to his credit he didn't bullshit and say he did 40 hours in the service. But my guess is ZERO.

• naazira
    naazira

Why was he talking about inactive ones to begin with?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

As usual, their application is all wrong. He was talking to the Israelite watchman, standing guard (Ezek. 33:6). The next chapter [34] is a prophecy against the "shepherds of Israel." Interestingly, here he makes a division between "a lean sheep and a plump sheep, between rams and he-goats," and mentions that God's judgment would be directed against the plump sheep (Ezek. 34:17, 20).

Such a scenario is very far removed from the tasks of a Christian evangelizer. It is rather directed at the leaders of God's people. Ezekiel functioned as watchman and warned them of their impending destruction because of their unfaithfulness. Had he not done so, he would have incurred bloodguilt. Similarly today, some of those sounding the alarm, after finding out about the Society's involvement with the UN/OSCE, were either silenced or kicked out of the congregation. So the application is much closer to home than they think and has nothing to do with inactive ones.

• Divergent
    Divergent

If we follow this line of reasoning, then ALL Christians would be bloodguilty as it is virtually impossible for us to preach to EVERYONE that we meet!

• blondie
    blondie

BTW, public speakers can count the time they spend talking from the platform including the GB.

Very good JustKidding, in fact the WTS admits they don't even have to reach everyone.

*** w00 1/15 p. 13 par. 17 “Keep on the Watch” ***

Nevertheless, the Bible does not state that Jehovah will wait until every individual on earth has received a personal witness. Rather, the good news must be preached to Jehovah’s satisfaction. Then the end will come.—Compare Matthew 10:23.

And

*** w10 9/15 p. 10 par. 12 Earnestly Seek Jehovah’s Blessing ***We recognize that the end could come at any time; Jehovah’s timing is not contingent on our giving a personal witness to every individual on the planet. (Matt. 10:23)

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Ah, now you see, bloodguilt is not the sort of thing that bothers gladiators.

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

I took it as others have noted, an appeal to inactive ones amd warning to all to stay active. I dokt forsee them df'ing faders HOWEVER i wouldnt put it past them. It would be a powerful force to keep people minimally active

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit