Inactive ones are bloodguilty?

by dissonance_resolved 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I doubt this statement was anything to do with trying to get the inactive back going out in serve-us. The inactive ones that attended the meetings where almost certainly only there for family and will probably be mostly unaffected by it. The impact will be upon the super-dubs who will feel that much more guilty even at the thought of skipping a saturday out. Telling them to imagine looking at their hands and seeing blood on them is a powerful image that will make a lasting impact on the minds of many, even without their realizing it.

What's more, the bloodguilty thing is going to justify those who are currently shunning inactive friends/family in spite of their not being DF'd. They'll justify the shunning because they "know" that the inactive one could do more in the ministry than they are and they therefore "know" that the inactive one is bloodguilty.

This type of thing is what keeps the system going - encourage the JWs to judge one another and guilt one another into staying with the cult.

• Heaven
    Heaven

My father, an MS and JW for over 25 years, has dementia.

There is no way he can be an active JW.

How can someone who is completely incapable of looking after themselves as well as being completely incapable of witnessing be heaped with the responsibiity of 'blood guilt'?!

• BU2B
    BU2B

His talk will spawn a new wave of judgementalism, rule making and gossip among uber dubs. Just imagine the gossip if a sister wants to marry a nice brother, but he is not a MS yet. Imagine everyone trying to discourage it because something must be wrong with his spirituality. Now they have AMIII talk as ammo.

Imagine hateful the gossip of sisters discussing others clothing choices. This was already prevalent, but now will be worse since they wil feel justified after that talk. Imagine if sisters see another sister in the park jogging IN JOGGING PANTS! THE SCANDAL! THE HORROR!

Now peoples SPIRITUALITY will be judged openly by others.

I asked my wife, who sees the lack of love among JWs if wearing tight pants or being on time is more important than treating people like crap? The pharisees dressed modestly, yet were judgemental, merciless cruel people. The GB only cares about outward things- Tight pants, cleavge, FS time, not watching certain movies etc.. But do not seem to care about how people treat one another or loving one another.

Tony the turd says a god of understanding and mercy is "not the God he knows" which explains his insensitve, biting words. If he is one of "Christs Brothers" then he is Cain out of the group.

What is more disturbing is that I am beginning to get the distinct feeling that this tyrant is the new "Don" of the GB, the head honcho. This makes sense since he seems to have the most dominant abrasive way about him. The blood ban, child abuse issue, etc will never change with such a heartless man at the helm. Compare him to men like Sydlik, Barr, and Swingle. Even though these men were responsible for some bad things, they at least came across as loving and caring. In the case of Swingle, Ray Franz said he agreed with him on most things, but would not stand up like he did. Swingle was sympathetic to Franz. Of course you still had your unloving hard asses like Barber and Jaracz.

Nowadays from my perspective, the GB seems to be filled with either Buffoons and wierdos like Lett and Splane, Yes men like Sanderson, and strict pharisees like Morris. Just like on elder bodies, usually the most dominant personality rules, so it would make sense the GB would be the same.

If Morris is in control of the GB the increasingly controlling tone in the WT makes sense. For chrissakes The conclusion of his talk was him SCREAMING OBEY THE FAITHFUL SLAVE and BE BLESSED! I told my wife that it made me feel uncomfortable because he essentially said OBEY ME AND YOU GET TO LIVE! The arrogance is getting worse. He reminds me of a despotic dictator growing more tyrannical and narcissistic over time. The rhetoric will only grow worse.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Another thing I can see is them using this to coerce people back to the cancer--as they would be "bloodguilty" if they see someone that is inactive and do not drag them back to the cancer, even under threat of court action including Seroquel. With the coming Saturn transit of Sagittarius, that card is that much more likely to be played than earlier. Also, if they decide to call off that Israel mission, they could be seen as bloodguilty--hence a huge push to get everyone to participate in that damnation mission where they can place a waste of paper with a very high ranking rabbi for use in black magick against everyone. Fail to participate, you are bloodguilty (when in reality, anyone going on such a mission is really bloodguilty for the whole human race).

And, as those who were not reached with the message at least have "a chance" of being spared while those who were reached and refused do not, everyone who spreads this message reduces the chance of survival drastically, and hence is bloodguilty for that. And what about joke-hova, who sets standards that preclude full enjoyment of life? I hold that thing the most reprehensible, bloodguilty of them all.

• sir82
    sir82

It seems to point to a possible rift on the GB.

It sounds like AM the Turd would like to DF the inactive, but (slightly) more reasonable GB members have outvoted him.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Yes, so all those ones incarcerated for their stand on neutrality, who are constrained and cannot witness, is Bloodguilty? So sad.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

dissonance_resloved - "...and suddenly there you have grounds to disfellowship anyone who's inactive. It also has that sneaky, 'nothing's changed, this is what we've always said' ring to it."

Damn, that's good.

Hell, makes me wonder why they haven't done it, yet.

Hope the Bethel guys lurking here are taking notes, 'cause I'm at the point where I almost wish they would implement some kind of mass DFing/DAing just to get the whole prune-the R&F-down-to-a-more-manageable-size thing over and done with.

• Londo111
    Londo111

In this teaching, in essense, a person is bloodguilty from birth and they work it off by going door-to-door.

This teaching used to effect me greatly. I was never inactive, of course. But if you didn’t do enough and you could do more, you could potentially be bloodguiltly. What is ‘enough’? Of course, week after week, it is apparent that it is never enough. Do more! Do it better! Pioneer or die!

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

I guess standing by a sign that says JW.ORG is EXACTLY what Jesus was hoping for.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I can't see WT Df'ing inactive ones. They want to keep the numbers up and as many have already said they want to keep the money rolling in. It's just manipulation, so some inactive ones who still believe will actually become more active. this stuff works, that's why they keep doing it.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit