"Life is so hard!...tribulation and problems abound!" Persecution complex of witnesses.....

by stuckinarut2 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine

Yes, isn't satan supposed to be corrupting the entire world? You would think that would keep him quite busy! Where does he find the time to focus so much directly towards the jws on a daily basis?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Bumped for a new overlapping generation of forum members.

Prompted by recent discussions with a family member who was again talking about how bad the world is getting, and how "we need Jehovah to act" etc...

I simply reminded him that in many ways, life is better now than ever before. Imagine living in the Middle Ages?

I reminded him of the quotes: "Life is 10% of what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it"

And

"You can't control everything around you, but you can control your reaction to it"

• zeb
    zeb

and to add to Ocean 1111

• and ....no kids, big or small
    • no schools,
    • no mortgages,
    • no house to maintain
    • and housework?
    • no car to maintain
    • no employers
    • no fellow employees to sabotage your work,
    • no job uncertainty,
    • no parking concerns,
    • no traffic to navigate,
    • no insurances
    • or medical to pay.

sheesh life tough at the top......

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

It always struck me odd, how a crowd of full of well dressed, well groomed people, with full bellies, sitting in an air conditioned stadium could be lamenting on about "sighing and crying" and how much they have to "endure".

If only they'd realize, that most of the reason they are sighing and crying and much of what they are enduring, are due to the additional burdens placed upon them by men who have interfered with and complicated their efforts to be followers of Christ.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "...Tribulation and problems..."

Otherwise known as a steadily rising tide of child abuse court cases, a steadily lowering tide of loyalist members, and the looming specter of tax-exemption loss.

However do they manage?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I just saw the Awake no6 2017 issue titled "IS THE WORLD OUT OF CONTROL?"

Oh here we go again! More fear mongering and woe about "how hard life is!"

If the world is so bad, ask a witness what other time in history would they like to live??

Maybe bible times where slavery, incest, stoning and the like were common place?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I was the Front seat witness for an elder preaching from the Podium like this

"If your life is going smooth, that means something is wrong and you are not doing enough for Jehovah"

What a sickening, twisted , insane mind thought.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

Witnesses think they are the special because God chose them...so they feel that they should not have to go through any thing...nothing...life should be like paradise..

Most of them have a lot of nerve..most of them own houses..go on vacation, party, have cars, you name it...they got it, yet cry poor. They should be shame of themselves...

Everybody in life is doing the same thing they are doing but ain't belly aching 'bout it...

Being a witness is a badge of honor, has nothing to do with what they believe or don't believe...they like the Jews...Are Chosen...

Tor

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Ja, I saw that article at my parents' house, @stuckinarut2. Even though I'm "out", seeing that article gave me the same depressed, sinking feeling I always had as a Witness. Just utter despair and fear. "OUR HEALTH UNDER SIEGE", "HUMAN ATTACKS ON NATURE", and "NATURE'S ATTACK ON HUMANS" were just some of the liberating and refreshing subheadings.

So I marched right over to my father's PC and promptly opened up this page and minimized it for him to discover on his own after I'd left, along with this picture:

http://kristenfrihet.se/english/sign6.pdf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit