"Life is so hard!...tribulation and problems abound!" Persecution complex of witnesses.....

by stuckinarut2 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Persecution? Persecution equals...wearing skirts, heels, pantyhose, making little ones sit for endless hours at boring assemblies. Packing lunches for endless days at the assemblies. Staying in a crappy hotels. Sitting through 5 Meetings a week (is it still 5?). Riding around with pompous, arrogant and self righteous JW's in field circus. Listening to the braggers in the KH, telling you how little Johnny or Susie is serving Kingdom interests at Bethel or are need greaters in some shitty foreign land.

Don't get me started on the CO visit! What an endless abundance of persecution we went through.

• TheFadingAlbatros
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

It's an Us vs Them Strategy.

JWs imagine that everything that does not go their way is because of "this old system" or "satan" giving proof (in their twisted minds) that they are gods people.

When a cult is successful at doing this - they their followers will go along with anything they are told to do or think. Since the whole world (including the kids at school - and your workmates) are under satans influence, and he rules the world, they ANY info not coming from the WT is obviously corrupt. So all arguments are 1 sided.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

My brother has spent 40 years of his life being miserable. Always moaning how bad life is in this " old system of things. " he loves to talk about any bad things That happen in the world. He never appreciates any of life's joys. But dwells on the negative. That's why he makes a perfect JW.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I ran into a sister today, and after a minute of small talk, she started going on about "how tough it is these days, and how bad the world is, and how the end MUST be getting close..."

Oh dear....

I just said "You know, there is something to be thankful for each day. Every day has something of worth or joy to focus on IF WE ALLOW ourselves to do so....Not everything is negative. Enjoy the life you have. Smile"

She just didn't get it....

• LifesNotOver
    LifesNotOver

Nowwhat? - you talking about my husband?! He's exactly like that, and then you say "that's what makes him a perfect JW". My heart sank reading that. I harbour hopes that he'll see TTAT, but if I'm really honest, they're not based on anything real. He thrives on all the bad news out there, just laps it up, really gets off on it. (sorry if that's rude). He's far from a perfect JW in all that's expected of him, but he has the personality down pat! And I think without a major change in personality he'll continue as a JW just as he has. It's a perfect fit for him. A major change in personality in someone isn't doable, is it?

Sorry, folks, if what I do is hijack threads. I suspect I might do that, but I'm trying to contribute something. I'm not all that well versed on forum dos-and-donts and etiquette. Feel free to clue me in if you like. LifesNotOver

• steve2
    steve2

Hey LifesNotOver, there's absolutely nothing hijacking about your post - it fits in perfectly. No need to apologize! I have a couple of family members and lots of extended family who sound like your husband. My commiserations to you!

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Agree 100%! I recently visited an old Jw friend and all they could talk about is how bad the world is. It's like food to these people. They have a beautiful house in one of the nicest neighborhoods in the tri-county area and all they do is bitch.

Sorry for hitting the dislike button. My fat thumbs.

• Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine

I so agree! My husband and his family are constantly talking about how they are personally being persecuted and everything is doom and gloom (it is like food to them and they do seem to thrive on it). Even when their lives are for the most part going well, satan is still going after them (and them alone) in some way. When their lives aren't going well it is of no fault of their own. It can all be blamed on satan. It's really a very sad way to live.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Good point "closer to fine"!

This whole teaching that Satan is interested in each individual is so guilt inducing and manipulative! As if he sits there trying to mess with the life of each individual witness!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit