Watchtower Fire Rescue

by startingover13 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• startingover13
    startingover13

The organization just bought a fire engine at Walkill. Pretty slick.

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/11017-watchtower-fire-dept-warwick/

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Wow. Those are not cheap. I am surprised the GB would let JWs risk their lives like that.

DD

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

they bought a firetruck for patterson years ago

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

Wall kill has had one on site for years operated by bethelites

• startingover13
    startingover13

I think that's pretty cool. Builds brotherhood between the witness firemen.

• Listener
    Listener

Boys and their toys, lol. Surely they would hardly use it, if at all. Having several fire hydrants and hoses would suffice.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

.....Surely they would hardly use it, if at all. Having several fire hydrants and hoses would suffice.

It just doesn't work that way. The pressure at a hydrant is not enough. How do you get sufficient hoses to each of those several hydrants? You are right that they would hardly use it, but when the fire gets too big for a man with a handheld extinguisher, you need a fire engine with hoses and a pump to pressurize that hydrant water up to a useable force and some people willing to get in there to put that fire out.

I do agree about the boys and their toys part.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has had battles with the local government as to providing fire service while at the same time not paying taxes. Dutchess County is poor financially in NY State. To create some good will the WTS agreed to provide manpower and training to their own people, equipment, building near their property. It was mostly a PR move as well as maintaining the roads near the Wallkill/Pinebush property.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Just??? That thread is dated more than a year ago...

• zed revisited
    zed revisited

I am sure Wallkill is over insured, and they would love to see it burn to the ground for a profit.

zed

P.S. It is a Mercedes, these guys do not cheap out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit