I Waited Until My Wedding Night To Lose My Virginity And I Wish I Hadn't...

by Divergent 42 Replies latest social relationships

• sylvlef
    sylvlef

totally agree with This article...

i got the exact same situation at home...as a result, "intercourse" is not at all pleasant for neither of us, luckily i got other motives to love my wife than sex!

thank you JW.org!

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

I recognize a lot in the article. After my weddingday it took me six weeks to realize that I'd married the wrong guy. He was cute, he was sort of sweet (and also a real JW, so he was 'in charge' so to speak, the boss, the 'head'... yuk!) and from day one I really didn't like to have sex with him. I managed to stay with him for nearly fifteen years, but then I couldn't take it anymore. The promise of a 'blessed marriage' when you keep your virginity appeared to be a lie. But like the person in the article, it took me years to learn to enjoy sex and feel okay about it. And even now I still have times that I have to fight the old thoughts and feelings of disgust and dislike, just because I used to be so programmed to think that sex is dirty, sinful and has to be about the man's needs instead of mine...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Sums up our life...

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

Sorry to say the following but...

Wah, wah, wah. Buy some lubricant and get over it. Sorry, but thousands of people die every day just from starvation. First-world problems.

• talesin
    talesin

lambsbottom, your apology is negated by the comments that follow it.

It's unfortunate that you feel the need to belittle others' feelings in order to express your own pain. Instead of making snarky and insincere comments, you may find it more constructive to examine why you have such a strong and negative reaction to this subject.

Oh, and if you were truly sensitive to the thousands who are dying of starvation, you would *not* use the term "First world" - it is denigrating to the so-called "Third world countries", and is sooo 80s. ;)

tal

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

Another thing I remember this elder told me is that the C/O told them that the society has fought so many times even in the supreme court to have the right to preach on Sundays. And if a brother that wants to be a Ministerial Sevant or Elder don't go out on Sunday to preach, it means that they don't appriciate what Jehovah's organization has done for us to preach on Sunday. For that reason they would not be an example to the brothers.

What do you think about that?

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

Sorry, wrong post... lol

• prologos
    prologos

make love not [thocratic] war.

Saturday, Sunday mornings is a great time. to practise, not to preach

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

The patriatchy that runs the organisation absolutely wants to control female sexuality. Not only the preoccupation with virginity but also the prohibition on masturbation (that does much more harm long term to the sisters than the brothers). My sister-in-law committed suicide rather than return to her newly married husband because I think - reading between the lines - she had an experience similar to that described in the OP on her wedding night and then ran away and then the elders, bless them, told her if she did not return to her husband she would be disfellowshipped. And I fear my wife will never experience the big O because she refuses to contemplate masturbation and during love making (including oral) when she seems to be getting close you can almost feel her stop herself. Oh the damage this cult has wrought!

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Maybe my wide and I were just lucky but we have had a great time in bed for over two decades despite not sleeping with each other before marriage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit