How to Knock Nazi Elders off their high horse

by suavojr 43 Replies latest jw friends

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

In my congregation " Eldership" was very conservative.

All self respecting elders had a middle glass home, in most cases it helped not to have kids.

Genuinr love and compssion was a weakness.

• Splash
    Splash

These sort of elders love their position and power.
    They are corrupted by it - they wield fear as a weapon and relish that.

I say let him get on with it.
    He has no friends, just sycophants and wannabee's - mostly immature men who are desperate for his approval.

In life, and I mean real life, you don't need him, his approval, or his 'privileges'.

If you want to knock the wind out of his sails then you will live your life free from his demands and influence.

Dismiss him like the nobody that he is.

Splash

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

I have had elders try to run me into the ground for years.

Because I was married to a non-JW and was a sister doing excellently, so were my children. ANd we really loved and believed in what we were doing. So a few of the elders thought they'd give me a hard time, and they did. They called the house, confronted me when I entered the KH, and generally harrassed me. NOT because I was doing badly, but because me and the kids were doing better than they were.

Eventually I was df'd ( I was never told why, but I'm sure it had something to do with me warning parents about the elder that molested my sons). And sheepishly, I felt I wasn't good enough, or I cried, and felt badly.

Finally, finally...with the help of God, I learned to put them in their place and they no longer have any any 'power' over me.

I tried to return for years, and met many Nazi elders. You will be surprised how cowardly the 'nazis' are when you look them in the eye and tell them to close the bible because they are not fit to read from it. The last 2 elders that paid me a visit, about a month ago, said "when you decide to return to Jehovah"....I stopped him before another word escaped from his mouth. I said, "I never left, you guys kicked me out, but I have never left Jehovah...and don't you dare read from the bible, you aren't fit to say His name". I am a very quiet and gentle person, but they have pushed me over the edge. I have been bullied by these guys for years (in many different congos), and now I bully back. I could tell you a million stories, and I am sorry this is so long.

IF this guy is an a$$, look him in the eye and say, "what's your problem, quit acting like an a$$hole!" I guarantee he will run crying. They aren't God, they are just nobodies like the rest of us.

Take Care,

AB

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

Knock him off his high horse? Only by collating incriminating evidence and giving it to the CO will you ever hope to topple this despot.

Evidence? For that they require evidence?

Weird how faith isnt enough here...

• silent
  • silent
  • silent
    silent

Sorry for the double blank posting - something got clicked outside my browser window and weird things started happening.

>I could tell you a million stories, and I am sorry this is so long.

No, no please go right on ahead. It wasn't long at all and we'd all love to hear your stories of how you combatted the Nazi elders...

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

suavojr: The sad thing is how men like this are the ones who flourish within God’s Organization. If the earthly part of God’s Organization is a reflection of the heavenly Organization, I want no part of it.

My friend, its always been like that !

Please meet Origen- he was born about 185CE and died about 254CE, so he was in on the early game

He was an early Christian 'scholar,' and he once wrote concerning bishops (OK Presiding overseers, or whatever the hell they are now called):

"We terrify people, and make ourselves inaccessible, especially if they are poor. To people who come and ask us to do something for them, we behave as no tyrant, even, would: we more savage to petitioners tht any civil rulers are. You can this happening in many recognised churches, especially in the bigger cities."

It was taught in the early church, at least by the end of the first century (only about 70 years after Jesus), that "bishops ruled in the place of God" (Ignatius, writing 110 CE). A bishop could deny an ordinary Christian the right to partake of the eucharist, they could ban them from church (i.e. tell the deacons to prevent them from entering the church), and even condemn ordinary Christians to hell in the after-life.

Go figure it all out.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Good points Suavojr- I have been taken off the reader list for the WT and Bible study. Yet I am still good enough for mikes. No explanation to me was given. I have not turned in time for 4 months and they have stopped asking. Maybe that has something to do with it..

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

These decisions are generally made by the body or the service comittee. Seldom does an elder have autonomy. I doubt he was alone on the decision. I won't dispute he was an ass hat. Considering that those appointed often see through the BS its probably too bad more aren't appointed so they can wake up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit