How to Knock Nazi Elders off their high horse

by suavojr 43 Replies latest jw friends

• suavojr
    suavojr

The Borg has many inconsistencies, when the topic is helping humble and honest people achieve their full potential. Consider a working man who works 40 to 60 hours a week and still manages to show up to all the meetings, participate, do all of his assigned work within the KH, but his ministry has slipped to 8 hours per month. This same man is working hard to move up within the ranks only to get shut down without even KNOWING.

I don’t recall reading any instructions as to how people qualify for certain “privileges” within the KH such as literature, microphones, sound, platform, etc… I bring this up because in my KH we have one self-righteous elder who takes away certain privileges without telling the body of elders or telling the brother or sister whose privilege is being revoked.

This guy for example calls the person in charge of assigning the WT readers and simply tells him to stop using (insert JW’s name) gives a vague reason [brother’s ministry is low] and then 6 months to a year goes by and the poor guy is clueless as to why he does not get to read anymore. The same pattern happens with other things such as sound, doing demonstrations, etc… the poor men and women who are working hard to reach out simply give up.

This elder, the secretary of my KH is hated by the congregation and no one does a dam thing! Has the GB left this part open to interpretation for the body of elders? Or have they ever received instructions?

Oh how would I love to knock this Nazi off his high horse! The sad thing is how men like this are the ones who flourish within God’s Organization. If the earthly part of God’s Organization is a reflection of the heavenly Organization, I want no part of it.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Ive known many like this piece of human crap that you mentioned. Good. I hope he drives more people out of the borg. It sucks and its not fair and all, but its a cult and they tolerate aholes like this person. Its people like him that make some wake up abd realize that joke hovas borganization isn't what they think.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

The elders are given vaugue instructions such as "the person being used for privleges must be exemplary" the problem is the word exemplary. What the hell does that even mean in JW terms anyway??

I remember elders meetings being dragged out for hours discussing if baptized brothers are exemplary enough to hold microphones, pray, read for the Bible Study... but not the WT Study, etc. etc. It is completely ridiculous. The problem is manifested in your dilema, different elders have different idea's of what exemplary is. In your case, that elder is rogue which means that he is being allowed to do these things and is not necessarily being sanctioned by the entire body of elders.

The COBE clearly has lost control no doubt because this rogue is connected in some way to the CO, the rest of the body, or the branch. Good luck with that!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don’t recall reading any instructions as to how people qualify for certain “privileges” within the KH such as literature, microphones, sound, platform, etc…

The term you are looking for is 'favouritism'.

The biggest bully on the BOE always gets his way as seem time and time again.

Knock him off his high horse? Only by collating incriminating evidence and giving it to the CO will you ever hope to topple this despot.

Leaving the bOrg is the best option where possible.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Yes guys, it seems that with each passing year all that is left are just despots in charge. The situation is getting so bad that many have left the borg, moved congregation, and this guy has my wife taking notes of how the elders really are. I love that part.

I forgot about that term "exemplary" such a vague word and it is easily misused. What else to expect, it's a cult!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

the problem is the word exemplary. What the hell does that even mean in JW terms anyway??

"exemplary" = you kiss elder butt, you get some minimal, meaningless, arbitrary number of hours in service every month, you are the lucky recipient of nepotism and/or favoritism, and you are a "yes" man.

As Ray Franz pointed out in CoC, the most admirable qualities a person should have are, in WT Land, the least important as far as getting "privileges" and position.

• This is my tigersuit
    This is my tigersuit

elders love ball lickers. plain and simple.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Yeah, I was once told point blank (with no option for appeal) that I was no longer going to be used to read the WT or say prayer (not that I ever wanted to even while I was indoctrinated) because I didn't comment at meetings frequently enough (my wife's lack of commenting was also brought into discussion briefly). It was indicated to me that this was something on which the entire BOE agreed.

A few months later there was a WT study that had something about elders and how they need to treat the flock with understanding. A couple elders made similar comments that if they observe something worrying like someone's not putting in as many hours in serve-us or not commenting at meetings, they wouldn't want to just pull their priveledges immediately, but they should talk to the person to see what the problem is and if there's anything that they can do to help. It was hard not to get up and walk out the fire exit. I do think that the clear hipocricy helped me get my wife a little closer to seeing the cult for what it is.

• hoser
    hoser

Every board of directors has at least one bully

• sporece
    sporece

I was an elder for 21 years and sad to say many, many good hard working brothers that had family and were working their butts off to provide for them, make meetings but were not able to put no more than 4-5 hours in service they would get no priviliges, not even carrying mikes, reading at the book study or watchtower was out of the question.

If there was any question about the wife or children ...no priviliges.

Looking back it was a very sad situation , looking down on many good hard working brothers and labeling them "weak".

I should say when some of these brothers were needed for their skills in construction at the KH or such at the building ( Romeoville assembly hall) in Chicago the society had no problems in using them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit