It's My Turn

by OneFingerSalute 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yodastar
    yodastar

Right with you Joe134cd. It can be that easy, an elderlie rang me up and said this Sundays watchtower was good and I should come - I said no thanks and never heard from another single one.

And hey onefingersalute (luv the name) - yes it can be that easy. Lets be honest they don't really give a f..k

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I was raised in the borg from age 4. I left at age 40.5. After being a regular pioneer, elder, MTS grad, and a lot of other things along the way, you would think I would be bothered more...but I am not. Now, age 48, if they ever try that $hit with a CO, i have nothing to say except:"I have a great life with a beautiful wife, great stepson, and a full time job...none of which I ever had when I was at the hall."

By the way, still not Df. LOL

Snakes

• smiddy
    smiddy

Before I really woke up I had an elder who some months earlier had moved into our congregation and was actually in our same book study group ,he was a friend of the elder conducting the group and they were full of each other not paying much attention to the rest of the group.and it was obvious.

One night after a service meeting he turned to me who was sitting behind him and said "Hi ,I must come around and see you at home for a visit ?" I replied don`t bother you haven`t given us the time of day at the book study since you arrived so why would you want to come around now , don`t worry about it "

I had that deer in the headlight look from him.

Probably no one had ever spoken to him like that .

smiddy

• Heaven
    Heaven

Good to 'see' you Snakes! So glad your life is going great. :0)

As for having JWs drop around, I would just tell them "My schedule is really busy. I'm not available."

That's what I do with my boss. A couple of times now my work has called me at home on the weekends and have left me messages. I just keep telling them "I'm not home on the weekends. You're never going to get me."

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I don't even bother with the first part, they don't need to know my schedule. They would probablt think "see, brother snakes is being kept busy by satan's ol' world." Not that I care what "they" think. lol

Snakes

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

How about saying, " When the CO follows the scriptural pattern and gets a job like Paul, then he can come by and instruct me. I would hate for his conscience to bother him as he wouldn't have freeness of speech."

DD

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

Well they came, and they went.

The entire conversation of some forty-five minutes can be summed up as:

C.O. & S.O. "Brother, you must reach out! Do more!"

OFS "Hmm."

Good-bye.

• kairos
    kairos

It's hearing experiences like these that stir me to fantasy land:

I imagine being invited to a meeting with the CO and an elder. I appear cheerful and suggest that the entire body of elders and the CO should come to my place for the encouraging visit. Which I proceed to secretly record after reminding all of the "brothers" that the use of recording devices is not allowed!!

Viral Hilarity on YouTube follows...

( It could happen )

• kairos
    kairos

...Back to the real world.

Prior to the request to meet with the CO ( which was unknowingly waved off by my still-in wife ) a father/son pair of elders paid me, what would be my final elder's visit. The son was the COBE and only in his late 30's after local pioneering and a 10 year Bethel stint that had him in daily contact with GB members.

He asked me just minutes into the visit if I still believed the GB was the FDS. I responded by telling him that, " I will not be interrogated in my own home ". That created awkward silence.

When they tried to read from the Bible to me, I told them... " I'm not interested ". ( classic conversation stopper/table turner! ) They immediately left. I have been left alone for the last 1.5-2 years as a result, while my wife happily attends all the meetings, seeing them weekly. The LoveĀ®

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Why participate in this religious ritual (CO visit)? If you can't say no directly for some reason, there must be dozens of excuses you could come up with. Appendicitis has a nice ring to it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit