It's My Turn

by OneFingerSalute 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

Well I finally got the, "We would like to stop by with the Circus Oversneer and have an encouraging visit. Would ---------day be good, at say -----------?"

It'll probably be a pretty dull visit with the entire conversation being only one way. I remember a saying, "Don't put in writing what you can say. Don't say what you can grunt, Don't grunt when you can remain silent."

• cappytan
    cappytan

We were asked that once (before my awakening), and my response was, "I'm not sure, let me check with my wife and get back to you."

I forgot to get back with the elder. He never said another thing and we didn't get the visit.

----

I'm definitely going to use that tactic when my time comes.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

"Thank you for asking, but I'm not ready for something like that at the moment. I do appreciate the thought".

Don't call me.......I'll call you!

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

That happened to me as well two month into the fade. I told the elder to his face: "Don't bother. I won't be home when you and him come."

Well they came anyway and thankfully I was out at the time. I'm thinking that during the next C.O. visit I might just let them in and lay my cards on the table. I'm so tired of this shit...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    I have managed to dodge every request for a chat by being evasive. Problem now is, there is this one brother (newly appointed elder) will call by unannounced. So annoying, plus I always thought it was frowned upon to call on sisters without a wingman.
  • richgirl
    richgirl
    I was once asked if I would like a visit from the CO. I said, "No thanks. He can't tell me anything beyond what 's in the publications, and I can read those for myself".
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    I have said "with the website, I never go without spiritual food" lol.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    The Searcher

"Thank you for asking, but I'm not ready for something like that at the moment. I do appreciate the thought".

AWESOME response!

richgirl
    I was once asked if I would like a visit from the CO. I said, "No thanks. He can't tell me anything beyond what 's in the publications, and I can read those for myself".
    LOVE that!
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

A number of years ago there was a brilliant guy here who had fun with his overseeing visit.

When asked if he felt the WTB&TS was God's spirit-directed organization, he answered "Yes," then added that he was not sure there was a God.

The "shepherds" accepted his answer!

I hope you have fun!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Man I'm just left scratching my head when I hear things like this. Honestly I just walked out the door with out saying anything to anybody. Not a word out of the elders, and not even a visit. I was active in the borg for decades.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit