Words that irritate

by punkofnice 86 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Just Kidding - How typical of the WBT$ to speak of molestation......something they are experts at.

• Raton
    Raton

I think there may be a solution to your problem........

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Maybe it's because I'm fluent in French but when someone ways 'walla' instead of 'voila', I kind of die a little inside. One phrase that gets bandied around my workplace is 'sense of urgency' which has lost all meaning and makes me nuts. Also, when people say 'literally' when they mean 'figuratively'. Oh really? Your eyes literally popped out of your head? That must have been excruciating!

• piztjw
    piztjw

AWESOME!

The most over-used, yet mis-used word that I can think of.

There are damned few things in this life that are truly awesome

• piztjw
    piztjw

Prolly, instead of probably. Sim-yoo-lur, instead of similar.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Although correct, the use of 'pressurized' irritates me as in: Mr Smith was pressurized into declining the offer' - I always think of a tyre being pumped up.

I feel 'Mr Smith was pressured into declining the offer' sounds better for some reason.

• talesin
    talesin

Consumer. I am much more than a consumer, and actually consume very little. It's depersonailzation at its finest.

Speaking of depersonalization:

Domestic violence vs wife / husband / child beating

Sexual assault vs rape

Government Fees vs New Tax

the list goes on ....

:D

tal

iow, I hate bull shyte disguised as the newly sanitized versiions.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

"Fruitage".

Fruitage of the spirit.

Arrrrgh. I hate that phrase. What the hell is 'fruitage', anyways????

And another phrase I abhor:

"I am sorry you feel that way".

WTF? How can someone be sorry for someone else's feelings? That makes no sense whatsoever. None. A person cannot apologize for how another person feels.

I want to slap people who apologize for my feelings. *slap* Ooops...did that hurt? Oh...I am sorry you feel that way.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Put forth effort.

• talesin
    talesin

OC - that is soo irritating, and passive-aggressive behaviour at its very BEST! lol, I know the feeling ... so you are NOT going to apologize for xxx actions/words? AND you are going to minimize my feelings? Sorry, have no time for you, loser. :)

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit