Marriage is done

by cognac 21 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

Its been done for a long time. Relieved with the idea of finally being free without the fight.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Sorry to hear that. Did he turn you in to the elders over taking your kids trick or treating?

• Niveau
    Niveau

My condolences, cognac. Don't forget that the Internet is full of great resources in times of need, if kittens make you smile.Adorable kitten

• cognac
    cognac

I don't think so. I'm relieved so no need to be sorry. Everything's just come to a head since my older daughter went into kindergarten and wanted to celebrate holidays and birthdays... But, as I said, it's been a long time coming....

• cognac
    cognac

Its funny, cause I'm actually in a really happy place in my life. I've made a lot of new friends, got a new job offer with a ton more money, etc. I feel like I'm in a good place to move forward with this. We have talked about it also and are on the same page and both feel the same way.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Sorry this happened, Cognac. *hug*

• Niveau
    Niveau

Happy to hear you really are good with it, then! For all that breakups are difficult, if it really is the right thing to do and you're moving on to a better place in your life, the feeling of relief can be wonderful I broke up with my ex when I realized how emotionally abusive he was being, and the day after I felt like I could breathe again for the first time in ages.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

As tough as it is, your kids will thank you in both the short and long run.

Freeing yourself and your children from a cult is a brave thing to do.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Cognac, what was the feeling like when you got married? Was it real love or was it hesitant love? Just curious...

• Divergent
    Divergent

Just to elaborate on my question above - Hesitant love as in some people get married even though they are not really attracted to each other or do not know each other that well or have doubts but proceed anyway as there is no one else to get married to & they are afraid that they would eventually grow old without a chance to get married & have kids (no thanks to the strict interpretation of "marry only in the Lord" which has resulted in many failed marriages)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit