Marriage is done

by cognac 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm glad it's working out for you -- not a terrific fight, just facing reality. Your children may not understand, but in the long run they'll be better off.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Cognac, while i'm never happy when a marriage ends, I truly know from experience that when children are involved, sooner is better than later. I wish you and your little ones the very best.

• carla
    carla

Will be thinking of you and yours. Hope it all goes well, my best wishes for an easy adjustment for the kids.

• KateWild
    KateWild

It's good that you're both on the same page. I hope you have custody and visitation agreed also. I had a bad divorce and the family is still suffering stress as regards these issues. Kate xx

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Good for you for realizing what's done is done. Now get a good lawyer who is trained in the Watch Tower's deceptive practices, so you can get court orders about the cult's influence ovr your kids. Pm me if you want me to put you in touch with a woman who did just that. I think you two may live in the same state, but I can't remember for certain where you live. It's been a while since you and I talked.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

I'm glad you find happiness where you are now. I feel we all need to get over that proveribal "hump" where we make real friends and start a new life. It releases the hold that DF/DA can hold over us.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am glad you are in a good place and moving on with your life. It's never easy when a marriage fails, but sometimes divorce is the best option.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Hi,

Another one bites the dust. One more statistic.

All situations in life have pros and cons. May the next life arrangement provide you with more 'pros'.

Be well,

GC

• Simon
    Simon

It's a relationship, some relationships end - having a piece of paper shouldn't make any difference, it's not really what counts.

Just make sure the kids understand that it's not their fault, don't use them for any kind of retaliation (they will see through it one day) and let them have the best relationship they can with both of you.

Mostly just 'be happy' though.

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- Just know that we are here as a support for you in your time of need. I'm glad to hear that you've made some good friends. My wife and I are here whenever you'd like to chat. Hugs to you and your children for sure. Hang in there, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit