comment from an uber dub regarding the $13.5 sex abuse case will just blow you away.

by joe134cd 34 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I was talking to an uber dub friend last night who lives in the San Diego area. He knew nothing of the $13.5 million dollar law suit. When I tried to tell him that this is a systemic problem, and that this could perhaps be the tip of the ice burgh. This is the reply I got. " he had better and more productive thing to worry about". WOW just WOW.

• sir82
    sir82

Well yeah, when you are convinced that 7 billion people are going to be slaughtered by an angry god "soon", a $13.5 million lawsuit is small potatoes.

• Divergent
    Divergent

So child abuse is not something to worry about? Great...

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I'm really starting to wonder how uber JWs are going to take this if it really gets some legs. I mean if its really the 'tip of the iceberg' as Zalkin puts it, we could be seeing dozens of judgements over the next decade.

Story after story of this sick behavior is really going to chip away at their armor.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Child abuse is something to worry about. However, it's one of so many societal ailments that cannot be stopped. Predators exist in every conglomerate and they find a way to victimize someone.

With all these cases coming to light, there will inevitably be reform in the laws inside the Org, like background checks for all in search of a position of authority and reporting all abuse cases to the local authorities; that is the only good thing about this mess. Nevertheless, predators will never cease in this or any other Org.

GC

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

@Just Kidding - You use the exact same avatar as my wife here. It freaks me out every time I see it.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

like background checks for all in search of a position of authority and reporting all abuse cases to the local authorities.

You should probably review the WT attitude toward such law in Australia, they basically gave the middle finger to the authorties simply because they didn't want to be inconvenienced.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Eventually, as they get hit in the mighty pocket and fill up with bad publicity, it will have to change for the better. I look forward to it.

GC

• Divergent
    Divergent

Paralipomenon... I thought I was the only one. Haven't come across your wife before =P

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

Prepare that if this does catch legs, JWs will only say it is Satan attacking Jehovah's organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit