Name the GOOD things and NICE things about Jehovah's Witnesses

by stuckinarut2 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• New Demosthenes
    New Demosthenes

I have to give kudos to my Witness Mother In Law. She's a manipulative, sad, and angry Harpy (I still love her and pity her as she was born in and Lo! Sexually abused) but she reared a fantastic specimen of a man. I actually want to see her reaction when she finds out we've both turned to the Dark Side.

Her and others who really are trying to do the right thing, the rank and file, arn't so bad and she managed to teach her son how to reason and do research.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

When I had surgery several months ago some families in the congregation brought dinner for a week. That was sweet.

I think overall witnesses are nice, and just think they are doing God's will. It's sad really.

• apostrate
    apostrate

When I was young and still in the Org I cane to the realization that, for the most part, becoming a Witness did not really change peoples personalities that much. That is, people who were A**Holes before becoming a JW were still A**Holes after becoming a JW. People who were really nice before becoming a JW were still really nice after becoming a JW. People who were really naive before becoming a JW,.....you get the picture.

Just as in every religion or political group, Jehovahs Witnesses are made up of all types. But JW's are most definitely being duped. The Watchtower Society is no different from the "Nigerian Prince" scam or the Bernie Maddoff ponzie scheme. Except that The Watchtower steals more than your money, they steal your very soul!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

So there is something good about the JWs as Muddy Waters points out in his comment ,"They know how to arrange and stack chairs"

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Personally, I liked the chicken sandwiches, the danishes, and the pudding....didn't care much for the hoagies or the fruit bags...the Shasta cola which morphed to Sunnyside or Cragmont..never measured up to the real "soda" The Circuit Assemblies used to have real breakfast made by real people...that was nice too. Other than that.....can't think of much. Have always been in wierd congregations filled with self-important climbers and socially inept people too worried about what others thought.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

They never smell of cigarettes

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Out in service riding in a car the driver ask everyone to row down the windows because he had to fart. That was nice of him. LOL Still Totally ADD

• Gregor
    Gregor

Nothing more or less than the average Baptist, Mormon or Cat lick.

The big negative is their reluctance to question the roller coaster doctrine. They are told NOT to question. This of course is out of fear of the big DF.

Because they make a thing about taking apart other peoples beliefs it's kind of chicken s--t really.

GOOD - They pay their taxes

NICE- They don't masturbate or have oral sex.

• flipper
    flipper

Nothing comes to mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit