Service meeting week of November 3rd! How to indoctrinate children

by stuckinarut2 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh yep...here we go....

This weeks service meeting has a part designed to show how children should be indoctrinated and manipulated into going "out in service"

The part first asks for the disturbingly corny cartoon clip to be played on the big screen at the halls: "lets go out in service!"

(If you haven't watched it yet, please go to jw.org and watch it....you simply won't beleive it until you see it!)

Then the part follows up with the most inane, stupid questions I have ever seen in a service meeting part.....

Ahhh...yes...lets distort the minds of children one video at a time hey WT?

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

Urgh that is so distasteful. Unfortunately I used to let my child watch those awful brainwashing cartoons and she loved them :/ so know the one you refer to.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I think they should have played some youtube....non stamp collector cartoons instead.

Anyway, they are gifts from god. He says use the rod......................................la de dah de dum de doo

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great suggestion punk!

yep, nonstampcollector or darkmatter2525!

Now that is some education they can Ponder on!

• Divergent
    Divergent

I was one of those who were dragged out in service as a kid. I quite believed that those who did not respond to our preaching work would be destroyed at Armageddon. I also believed that the preaching work was the most important work ever as it is a life-saving work that is never to be repeated again! It is the greatest responsibility ever given to us & it is a privilege to be part of this work which saves lives. We were like rescuers trying to help people to get off a sinking ship or to get out of a burning building. Not wanting to have a share in preaching would mean that I did not have love for my neighbors & even worse, not have love for Jehovah & Jesus. Now I realize how badly my thinking was messed up & regret all those wasted years in "service". Damn!

• designs
    designs

They're showing Wt.inc. movies at the KH.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I hated going door to door. Selling WTs and Awake mags was only slightly easier. I wanted family approval. People were not nice. If a ten year old child came to my door and asked me if I believed in eternal life, I would be polite to the child and then give the parents a piece of my mind. Next, I would have them booted off private property. Altho family members lived in violent and disastrous housing projects, service work exposed me to sights and smells a child should not know.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

WMF, you're supposed to put the tag-line in bold and italics:

Let's review: It's a cult!

See, isn't that better.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yep! Great to see that "deep spiritual food" is discussed at the meetings these days!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit