Meeting for not paying assembly fees???!!!!

by Kool Jo 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

My dad also mentioned that other congregations are behind, but we're on the radar because of the amount we owe...and had a meeting specifically for the congregation....so the thing my dad doesn't understand is exactly can they do as that money aint gonna get paid???

He also mentioned that the COBE was a kiss-ass and threw the other elders under the bus in the meeting and that they're selling both of the assembly sites that serve this area...

Well, I guess my dad will keep me posted and I'll post if anything changes.

Keep ya'll posted.

Kool Jo

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ cleaned out all the JW Kingdom Hall Bank accounts..

JWs can only keep 3 Months worth of Bill Money..

Now JW`s can`t Pay for their WBT$ Assembly Halls..

........;........

............................................................................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Kool Jo: So since the congregation is unable to payup their dues….what could they do to the congregation or yet, the elders in the congregation?

hahahahahaha! can a church congregation go bankrupt?

Now (digging into disused memory bank) what did old Charlie Russell say about what to do, when old Yahweh/Jesus doesn't provide any more money ????????

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Oubliette: Was Jesus ever harsh with his disciples? Did he ever yell at them for not giving him enough money? No.

Off-topic I know, and not trying to be hyper-critical, but how do we know that Jesus never shouted at his disciples.

The gospel accounts are written some 30 years after the events they desccribed, by authors who were quite possibly not eye-witnesses of the events they describe, and obviously only writing down the points they considered important to tell believers.

Assuming some accuracy in the gospel accounts, we can ask the question, did Jesus ever raise his voice?

I look to the account of Jesus driving the money changers, etc out of the temple:

12 And Jesus entered the temple and drove out all those who were buying and selling in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who were selling doves. 13 And He said to them, "It is written, 'MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED A HOUSE OF PRAYER'; but you are making it a ROBBERS' DEN."…

Obviously, true story or not, we can imagine Jesus shouted when he said that !

PS: And, while we are talking about that particular gospel story, it may be noted that I raised the question of the truth of this story. Why?

It's simply that there had to be change providers and live stock suppliers in the temple for the sacrifice system to function. The Jewish society of Jesus time had changed from the time the law was given. Lots of people no longer raised livestock, nor did they neccessarily have the correct coinage to offer at the temple. (See my text references below) So I don't know why Jesus got angry at those people who worked to keep the Jewish sacrifice system operating?

Exodus 30:13 Each one who crosses over to those already counted is to give a half shekel, according to the sanctuary shekel, which weighs twenty gerahs. This half shekel is an offering to the LORD.

Leviticus 1:14
    "'If the offering to the LORD is a burnt offering of birds, you are to offer a dove or a young pigeon.

Leviticus 5:7
    "'Anyone who cannot afford a lamb is to bring two doves or two young pigeons to the LORD as a penalty for their sin--one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering.

Leviticus 12:8
    But if she cannot afford a lamb, she is to bring two doves or two young pigeons, one for a burnt offering and the other for a sin offering. In this way the priest will make atonement for her, and she will be clean.'"

So why scatter the coins of those who could help worshippers offer the correct amount?

John 2:15

So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changersand overturned their tables.

John 2:16

To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father's house into a market!"

To emphasis the point, how else could urbanised would-be-worshippers get the right animal to sacrifice. And, remember what happened to most of the flesh from the sacrificed animals - right! It fed the priests and workers in the temple.

Has any reader tried to imagine what it must have been like at the temple. The fearful bellowing of animals waiting to be killed, the heaps of animal guts and skins, the smell on busy hot days as some of that stuff rotted in the hot sun, the smell of burnt flesh, etc.

And, we are led to believe that it was all neccessary to make Yahweh (no Jesus in the divine picture at that point) happy.

How similar to the problem Kool Jo has raised. All this building/buying/selling/donating to keep the little hearts of the imaginery Yahweh/Jesus combo happy.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I expect them to break all their self imposed rules to keep this Corporation finacially afloat and survive for as long as possible with this advalanch of lawsuits loses comming down the pike.

With years of mismanagement from clueless CEOs this corporation is headed for bankruptcy with possible inprisonments for fraud and complicity in crimes against children, expect this money grab only to get worse in time as the piper comes a callin.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Assembly Hall accounts were such a fraud. All kinds of "Donations" and District B.S. are buried in them. If WTBTS was a real corporation someone would go to jail for fraud.

The C.o.s were contantly forcing donation "pledges" to WTBTS and them parading them as fixed "Costs" to create the illusion of "Losses". When you have 30 year old buildings with paid off mortgages and donated labor what annual costs do you have? Maintenance, Uttilities, ONE worker/caretaker divided by 50 weekend groups. Everything else is a form of skimming and graft that should be EXAMINED, DISCLOSED and VOTED on by ALL members.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

WTBTS forgot that when they SELL Assembly halls they no longer have a way to bury all the phony District expenses.

• baltar447
    baltar447

This is kee-razy! As outlaw pointed out above, they f*ckin ROBBED the congos of their money and now are extorting them! What's the difference between Organized Crime and religion? A 501-C3 form.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Jo,

My dad also mentioned that other congregations are behind, but we're on the radar because of the amount we owe...and had a meeting specifically for the congregation....so the thing my dad doesn't understand is exactly can they do as that money aint gonna get paid???

Seems like the people in you dad congregation are already voting with their wallets. But your dad should take courage because as all these child molestation lawsuits pay out by the WT corporation become public knowledge many more congregation will not be living up to coerced pledges and donation. Your dad's congregation is just a little ahead of the learning curve when it comes to giving the corrupt WT corporation money it don't deserve.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

In the old days entire elder body's were removed and or entire congregations disbaned if the WTBT$ ordered it. Wonder if they would do something like that over non compliance. WTBT$ can call rebellion over anything they want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit