Meeting for not paying assembly fees???!!!!

by Kool Jo 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Thanks for your feedback folks....I'm wondering what they could possibly do to the local elders or the congregation in the event of non-payment? The congregation has 5 elders and 2 m.s.

• tiki
    tiki

send in some thugs and break some legs???

seriously, if the elders/ms present a strong front and let it be known that it is simply impossible to come up with the $$$ - what recourse would the wolves have?

• 88JM
    88JM

what recourse would the wolves have?

They'll threaten to take away that nice assembly hall you almost finished paying for, make you go back to sitting in those drafty cold (or swealteringly hot) stadiums and crumbling old town halls, while we sell your assembly hall (that you built for us with your free labour) for a nice tidy sum and take the all the money. Rinse and repeat.

Can someone how this model is any different from a property investor? Oh yeah, the free labour bit. But really that's what the WTBTS is - they're not even pretending anymore.

i just wonder who/what is really behind it.

I think if you've been watching the forums over the last couple of days alone, you would get a pretty good idea of why they might be trying to generate massive amounts of cash quickly.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They wonder why. No college. Quitting good jobs to pious-sneer. Donating everything, selling out to do short-term building--and missionary--work. And they wonder why they are getting behind? And I wonder what they are going to do when they have to read that letter this spring about needing everyone that is "qualified" to do that super-stupid mission I heard about a while ago--Israel. Can they afford to have the majority of the congregation wasting that kind of money, not to mention lost time at work, and still have money to pay for these dumps?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The Borg leaders know that most JW's are too stupid to connect the dots so there telling JWs to donate all they have to the work under the tithing program and then they're going back and telling the JW's to donate more under a different program for this and that etc. Most JW's wont get a clue that their paying twice even three and four times for the same thing. This is exactly what they are doing and your dad is just now starting to figure it out.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I wish JWs would wake up and start voting with their wallets...the only real power they'll ever have in WT Land.

No money to pay for an Ass Hall? So, what.

JWs will be consigned to sitting in a hot, old stadium? Not if they vote with their feet and don't show up.

Eventually WT would get the message: $0 balance building funds and empty stadiums...that would send a message.

Discipline those not conforming by DF or other means? That just contributes to even more people leaving the religion...and less donations.

JWs fail to realize how much power they really have.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

My dad is an elder, and the other elders from the congregation met with the C/O and branch reps…they were told that their congregation is way behind in their contributions/donations to the assembly hall fund…our assembly hall is up for sale and we’re expected to revert back to renting stadiums ect… for our “spiritual activities”.

My dad also mentioned that C/O had a harsh tone.....

What's probably funny is the corporate Watchtower goons above the CO are probably threating to break his legs because one of his circuits isn't coming up with their protection money. LOL

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

KoolJo,this is interesting. There is a definite trend in the borg for more money.

Out of curiousity, where is this?

If you don't want to be specific, I understand. Maybe you could just say the county/state/province or general geographic region.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

KJ: My dad also mentioned that C/O had a harsh tone

That's telling.

Was Jesus ever harsh with his disciples? Did he ever yell at them for not giving him enough money? No.

He allegedly fed multitudes with a few loaves of bread. Why can't the GB do the same?

• hoser
    hoser

My parents complain about these kinds of things too but when I tell them to vote with their wallets they get angry. They keep repeating the same behaviour over and over. Seems like the religion has got them hard wired to be repeatedly hosed. Oh well it's their money they can do with it as they wish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit