Honey who-who???

by sparrowdown 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Honey Boo Boo does not take place in Applachia. I lived many years in Georgia and I want you to know, not all Georgian families are like the Boo Boos, not even close. You will however find this kind of family in any state. Some people are just more simple and I have no problem with that as long as they aren't hurting anyone. It takes all kinds of people to make the world.

I grew up in East Tennessee and Eastern Kentucky in the 1950's, and am grateful for the experience of having lived in Appalachia before the days of welfare and food stamps. We had a culture then. We had pride then. We could hold our head up and know we were surviving and sometimes thriving despite our lack of education or mainstream culture.

To read this comment, one would be led to believe that all of Appalachia is uneducated and on foodstamps and welfare.

I live in the suburb of a northern city and know people with college degrees who have their families on foodstamps and medicaid due to the economy and under employment. The funny thing is, one of the families loudly protests ebt snap benefits and Obamacare while they stand in line at Costco to purchase their groceries with their ebt card. I don't begrudge them the help they get. I do have a problem with them thinking anyone else who is getting help is on the take and lazy. I have helped this family find affordable dentistry at a sliding scale clinic in the past. If other civilized, first world countries can take care of their own citizens through social programs that are paid for with tax money, Americans can do it, too. Those countries all look at America with awe at the lack of care she gives her own citizens. Sure, have a country full of jobless or under employed, hungry, homeless, sick and diseased families/individuals who owe billions in unpaid medical bills. That will be a great country, a sitting duck to invade successfully. Malnourishment, that's the ticket. While Denmark shakes its head in disbelief.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Now you've got to go to the Goodwill and get a "new" TV.

There might be a camera crew following you in the store.

Oh heck, Gregor, I'll just get one of my boyfriends to buy me new a flat screen.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's horrible, I could only watch like sixty seconds of it. Honey boo boo was a contestant in child beauty pagents on a show called Toddlers and Tiaras. I guess they figured that anyone willing to watch a four year old with wigs, full makeup and big hair perform on stage like a trained seal would be interested in watching this train wreck. I am an American and I don't get it.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Thanks all, that fills in a bit more of the picture.

Reality TV, that explains everything, I should have guessed.

I always thought the Kardashian fixation was bad enough,

but overweight "hillbillies" who hang out with alleged child molesters?

Who da thought.

• LisaRose
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

OMG Lisa, that's worse than I thought much much worse.

I am never going to unsee that.

• Mary
    Mary

Who the hell are honey boo boo, sugar bear and mama june??

They're the Missing Link between humans and neanderthals.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I like obese 6 year old who are sassy and rude....honey moo moo.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I do apologize for my extreme ignorance

Sometimes ignorance is a virtue.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think they are forcing us to buy HBO...they are making TV so terrible that you have to take a higher package.

I've had the same thought. Even networks like AMC or FX that have better quality programming, aren't on basic packages. You have to buy the most expensive package to actually watch the shows you want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit