Current thread on Yahoo: Would it be a good idea to dress up as a Jehovah's Witness for Haloween?" lol

by Balaamsass2 16 Replies latest social humour

• Gregor
    Gregor

Growing up as a born in I always resented the kids who could participate in the demon worship tradition. So I would dress up in a scary costume, such as a mummy wrapped in bloody bandages hiding in the shrubs then spring out with a growl as they approached our front door. One year I got in trouble for hiding on the roof above the front door, being invisible because of the bright porch light left on to lure them. I would pour fine dirt right into their little sacks.

Geez, I was a real little JW prick.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

I think it'd be great if you're not interested in getting candy.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The irony would be palpable.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Mum - "It would be fun to get with some friends with kids at similar ages to yours. One set of kids could be witnesses, and the other set of kids could be Mormons."

What, no cage match?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Why go through all the work of walking door-to-door for your candy?

I'd set up a fake "JW.Org" booth and wait for everyone to bring candy to me.

It's the "in" thing to do.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

My random thought on the topic of halloween - why don't JWs go out and do not-at-homes on halloween?

JWs hate all the kids who come by their house on halloween, so that'd be a great way to get out of the house so you don't have to deal with all that, plus people who'd normally avoid you would gladly open the door for someone who they assume is wearing a JW costume!

They insist on doing "special meetings for field service" on christmas, thanksgiving and other holidays, so why not halloween?

• Robert7
    Robert7

I dressed up as a Mormon for a pub crawl and had SUCH a blast. Everyone knew immediately I was a Mormon and had fun with it. I doubt many would recognize a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit