Current thread on Yahoo: Would it be a good idea to dress up as a Jehovah's Witness for Haloween?" lol

by Balaamsass2 16 Replies latest social humour

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20141028081614AAkRUmY&act=aq

This popped up on my Google alerts at work today and I thought some members might want to help answer( and spread a little SEO "truth" ! lol :

Would it be a good idea to dress up as a Jehovah's Witness for Haloween?

I would basically wear a nice suit,and carry along awake and Watchtower pamphlets taped on to my Haloween treat bag.I will be knocking on many doors not to preach but to collect candies.Would this be offensive to Jehovah's Witnessses though??,since I don't want to offend anyone.

• cofty
    cofty

Why would you not want to offend JWs?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well, isn't the basic message of jws "trick or treat" anyway?!

Trick people into believing fairy tales....treat them badly.....

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

It would not be a good idea if you wanted to collect a lot of candy. Most people, including myself, will not open their door if they see it is a Witness.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Bad idea people need to think less about jw in fact it would be great if most people didn't even know they existed.

• DaleRivers
    DaleRivers

Nope, it's tooooooo scary!!!!!

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Good one stuckinarut2!! Here's an addendum.Trick them into parting with their money and treat them to more BS!!

• Gregor
    Gregor

We are always prepared for the little guys in their costumes. However, when an adult(s) comes without kiddies it is very off-puting.

I should keep a camera handy to take pictures of home invaders before they rob us of our candy, tv's, cash, etc.

• Mum
    Mum

It would be fun to get with some friends with kids at similar ages to yours. One set of kids could be witnesses, and the other set of kids could be Mormons. At the end of the evening, see which "religion" got the most candy. That religion would be deemed "the Truth."

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Do you miss having doors slammed in your face? If so, the JW trick-or-treat plan is just what the doctor ordered!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit