Recent Update - Service Report

by Da.Furious 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

On Oct. 22, eight brothers were released from prison in Turkmenistan by presidential amnesty. (See 2014 Yearbook, p. 31) The ninth brother is still imprisoned, but it is hoped that he will be released shortly. Some were already in prison for three or more years and had been severely mistreated. Further details will be posted on jw.org. We rejoice with them and the evidence this gives that Jehovah looks down and hears the sighing of the prisoner as mentioned in Psalm 102:19, 20.

The service committee report for the past year: Efforts were made to reach the millions of people living in remote areas, cultivate the interest, and start Bible studies with the goal of moving progressively through the territory and starting groups and congregations there, not just a blitzing of the territory and talking only to those at home at the time. The results have been very good and give evidence of the guidance of the holy spirit. Missionaries have also been assigned to preach to large foreign-language communities in a number of countries such as England, France, and the United States.

The special campaign in August to acquaint people with the jw.org website had good results. The page containing the request for Bible studies was viewed a total of 363,000 times in August, compared with 20,000 times in July. A total of 9,845 users filled out and submitted the form requesting a Bible study.

The figures for the 2014 service report: Peak publishers - 8,201,545 - a 3% increase over last year. Hours - 1,945,487,604; equivalent to 221,000 years! Baptized: 275,581. Bible studies: 9,499,933 - a 2.6 % increase. Memorial attendance: 19,950,019. Regular pioneers: 1,058,792 - a 6.2% increase. All evidence of Jehovah's blessing on the work and the increase yet to come.

Da Furious

• kairos
    kairos

With all those studies, why so few baptized?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

On Oct. 22, eight brothers were released from prison in Turkmenistan by presidential amnesty. (See 2014 Yearbook, p. 31) The ninth brother is still imprisoned, but it is hoped that he will be released shortly.

This is indeed sad news.

Some were already in prison for three or more years and had been severely mistreated.

I would bet the WBT$ did little or nothing to help.

Further details will be posted on jw.org.

Sorry, I'll pass on that.

We rejoice with them and the evidence this gives that Jehovah looks down and hears the sighing of the prisoner as mentioned in Psalm 102:19, 20.

Do people still use the word 'rejoice'? How quaint.

Jehovah(tm) looks down? It looks like he doesn't give a bleedin' monkeys.

I wouldn't say that being mistreated for years in prison equates to 'sighing'.

What a pathetic 'experience(tm)' that once again proves how assinine the writng is.

Efforts were made to reach the millions of people living in remote areas, cultivate the interest,

For 'cultivate interest' (another quaint term but rather sickening), read: GETTING MONEY!!!

....page containing the request for Bible studies was viewed a total of 363,000 times in August, compared with 20,000 times in July. A total of 9,845 users filled out and submitted the form requesting a Bible study.

363,000 views but 9845 requests? What's that 0.027%? Sorry, maths isn't my strong point. Of the 20000 times in August, how many requests were there?

Then there are the usual massaged figures.

All evidence of Jehovah's blessing on the work and the increase yet to come.

Sure. whatever you say GB.

All evidence that Jehovah wants the GB to live a charmed life while children get raped in the congregations. Thanks Jehovah(tm), you're a great god. NOT!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Good deconstructon Mr Punk Sir !

and, " With all those studies, why so few baptized? , good question kairos, that number just about replaces those who die and those who leave, if it actaully does that.

"Peak Publishers" is a meaningless number, so the "3%" increase is meaningless too.

I await with interest the excellent analasis we will get on here when the real Pub figure is published. I should say "real", because I question the accuracy of that, but at least we can compare with the previous years. I suspect the Borg is standing still in reality, not growing.

• Splash
    Splash

9,845 form submissions out of 363,000 views is 2.7% which is roughly what the yearly increase is.

Since 2000, 3.8 million have been baptised.
    The increase since 2000 is 2.1 million.
    Where have the other 1.7 million gone?

Hours spent in ministry this year = 2 billion
    Baptised = 275,000
    Therefore it is taking 7,000 hours (or 10 months of witnessing hours) to make each disciple.
    An average congregation puts in approximately 16,000 - 18,000 hours of ministry per year.

It's a pity we can't determine born-in baptisms vs from the field baptisms, as this would better represent the ministry effectiveness.
    eg. if 4 out of every 5 baptisms are born ins, this means the number coming in from the field each year is only 55,000.
    That would mean 36,000 hours are needed to bring in one person from the field. That's roughly one person every two years, per congregation.

Splash

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

Unfortunately i cannot verify the source of the data, but this was forwarded to me from someone who has family member in bethel.

Checking the numbers, i also had similar question on why the ratios are so low. The issue is that we cannot compare them with anything else. Moreover the peak published figure is always misleading and skews figures.

Another issue with the 9,845 bible requests, how many of them actually studied for more than 4 weeks or still studying or even started studying?

And what is the issue of converting hours spend to years? So if there was one JW and 7 billion people, does he need 221,000 years to preach to them? it seems they need to work on their Stats department and get them trained to produce meaningful numbers that can be verified and make them look professional not clowns.

The average hours per publisher is 19.7 hours per month which i believe is very low for a religion who claims all they do is preaching and investing money in preaching and expanding - this figure included the doing nothing time at metropolitan and cart/trolley witnessing.

Anyway, at the meeting i will be hearing: We are now more than 8million!!! and we spent 221,000 years of hours in ministry in one year!!!

• mrquik
    mrquik

I always catch the Saturday sevice group at the Tim Hortons coffee shop in Geneva, NY. They must be converting donuts to the "Truth".

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"Since 2000, 3.8 million have been baptised.
    The increase since 2000 is 2.1 million.
    Where have the other 1.7 million gone?"

Well, close to one million have died (1% each year). And as stated repeatedly, one cannot compare the number of baptised and the growth, that is like comparing apples and oranges, because one does not have to be baptised to be a publisher.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Mrquik - I always catch the Saturday sevice group at the Tim Hortons coffee shop in Geneva, NY. They must be converting donuts to the "Truth".

I agree with Homer Simpson: "Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?"

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The 2014 serve-us year was the big push for the Kingdom's 100th year birthday. Do not be surprised to see increases all over the place. More telling will be the figures in years to come.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit