New ExJW here for the first time.

by WideAwake7 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• Comatose
    Comatose

Welcome! So cool to be out and have family. You are lucky the fade has worked for you. If it were me, I'd make sure the whole family knew to expect certain awkward and uncomfortable moments were people inappropriately try to guilt or witness. But, I'd remind them it's a small price to pay to have the ability to still go to a wedding. My brother will be getting married again for the third time soon. I won't be invited. Surely will be uncomfortable some but hey, enjoy it. Hold your heads up and just let people see how good you all look and feel.

Congrats and best of luck. Look forward to getting to know you.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Welcome, I look forward to your comments.

• Ocean1111
    Ocean1111

Hello. I give you the same advice as Ezekiel received:

(Ezekiel 3:7-9) But as for the house of Israel, they will not want to listen to you, for they are not wanting to listen to me; because all those of the house of Israel are hardheaded and hardhearted. 8 Look! I have made your face exactly as hard as their faces and your forehead exactly as hard as their foreheads. 9 Like a diamond, harder than flint, I have made your forehead. You must not be afraid of them, and you must not be struck with terror at their faces, for they are a rebellious house.”

This not because all fled JWs are afraid of the Bethel backed apostates and their congregational cronies, but because Bethel has policies that make the average Jehovah's witness take part in Bethel's beating of the common sheep. Bethel has produced hurtful "scorpions" who are cold and unloving as Bethel policy they follow rather than God's Word. Instead JWs are trained to support in all ways, especially financially, the illegal priesthood up at Bethel who are total strangers to most JWs and who exist in a self appointed spiritual elite class controlling a multi-billion dollar, JW slave labor built and resourced, global now fully apostate ministry. (2Thess2:3-4, Zech3:1-3)

So do not lose sight of the fact JWs are in the "rebellious house", not you, and they also know prophetic patterns have repeated, and as in the past apostasy is the pattern that repeats before a divine crash. IMO, the nature of your ministry has merely changed location now; had Bethel and JWs not gone apostate many would still be out preaching the same information on God, Christ and a Kingdom that will indeed arrive.

Bethel is merely the now main distraction from the former Jehovah's witnesses' message which, imo, is what much of Christ's message always has been for the rival universal and planetary ruling structure. Bethel now houses a "masters over your faith", "lords of the faith", "lifted up" self appointed and self exalted rogue "kingship" that diverts attention to their well "smooth word" justified lawlessness globally. (Dan11:32a, Dan8:12) Bethel tells people who reject their message, are "goats", but many people simply cannot stomach lawlessness unaddressed, condoned and carried out regularly as policy. And it that is Bethel's message, traditions of men, ideas of men, not the Bible. That too repeats right in the JW ministry.

How can any ministry be more "set in opposition" than today's Bethel and its apostate condition? JWs ignore what the whole world is starting to see. (2Pet2:1-3)

Bethel is carrying out all the main elements of significant central organized apostasy, from the central leadership, where the main Biblical apostasies have always formed as a signal in the whole history of Israel on through the Christendom complex, and now the "fresh" leaven is emanating from Bethel. The other things that befell apostasy in Israel and Jerusalem will, in like manner, also befall the Bethel global system (Matt13:36-42), and that is the kind of "bread" you might consider casting on the JW wormwood "waters". (Rev8:10-11) The "apostates" Bethel focuses JWs on in the pews and in the streets are NOT where the big apostasy of former prophecies and modern ones develops. It develops in the head that wears the self-placed crown at the top of Bethel.

Everything seems to be repeating in the Bethel system to the point their actual global lawless antics and scandal eclipses the ministry of Christ, that some were at one time sincerely trying to carry out, imo. Some JWs can be self-assuming, presumptuous and hurtful, but some must feel the Bethel rock in the shoe, the fact something is very wrong at Bethel and in the Jehovah's witnesses now reproaching ministry.

It is the Governing Body that should be dfd, and fired. But by now the whole Bethel elite structure has more than likely become the thing everyone stumbling now sees, meaning by now the JW organization is terminal. So it will take more than a "reform", because in today's Bethel tyranny, that will never come by any human means. It has now drifted believing its own lie and has made the "operation of error" policy among JWs from top to bottom. (2Thess2:1-4, 11-12)

Anything goes with today's Bethel apostate cloned JWs, so just be weary, but, imo, at the same time, continue to carry out your own ministry. Just because Bethel mutinied does not mean we toss all faith and personal responsibility, we do like Ezekiel or Jeremiah and adapt to the new reality and await the "reaping" that must come for what Bethel has actually been "sowing". God is not one to be mocked, especially by those claiming to be prophets and priests at Bethel. (Zech3:1-5)

JWs do not have a spiritual or scriptural leg to stand on, so stand your ground and head butt them with the bitter truth if it comes down to a confrontation, but to try to wake them up, JWs are spiritually asleep. (Matt25:5, Zech4:1) But since the repaying will come for Bethel, you can seed in truths that JWs may be able to consider at that time and after. (Dan8:13-14, 26) Remember if Bethel is subverting scriptures in general, they are also subverting certain prophecies in particular. Bethel is covering up the things that might expose them, for now "there is no evil slave" according to Bethel. Far be it from the "evil slave" to not also be a liar and make such contrary claims. The way they beat the sheep by policy and reproach is obvious. (2Pet2:1-3)

May God aid your new territory, and do not be lulled into deep sleep as JWs are doing. Bethel does not negate being a Christian nor the truth in the whole Bible. IMO, this is Bethel's "calm before the storm", this is their principle version of "thinking they are standing", and they want to sell a required judgment to JWs as an approved state and the ambiguous premature "end of the world", "to the effect the day of Jehovah is here", Bethel is 2Thessalomians 2:1-2 in action.

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

Welcome! I sudjest just attend and have a good time! Keep what you think to yourselves. You will be fine.

Have fun

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hello and welcome !

It may seem awkward to attend but on a day like that all the attention is on the bride and groom. You may get some clumsy but well intentioned "love bombing" but just ignore that with a smile

Enjoy the day seeing people that you have not seen in years , the wedding talk will make you even more glad that you are out of it.

Let us know how you got on.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome and we look forward to your story. Kate xx

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome!

So how did the event go??

• Chris Tann
    Chris Tann

Iam still fading,been six yrs. now. However I think most at the wedding will be cordial,and kind to your kids,giving that they were too young to make a decision. What helps me in a situation like this to not feel guilty (the elders and close friends know my position,and the cong. can see that I have slowed down dramatically) is to constantly tell myself that I know the real truth of the matter and they dont. I'm not doing anything wrong, it is just their judgemental,biased untrue beliefs that are going through their minds.I wish you well.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

A warm welcome.

I look forward to hearing your experience.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Welcome Wide Awake 7.

I´m looking forward to hear your story, which is very similar to mine, except the fact that my wife is still in. Therefore I am still invited to "special occations" like funerals, weddings and others since my wife wants me to go. I am refusing, this not to embarrassing my wife, the funeral party, or the wedding couple. I sometimes have the tendency to answer "the friends" questions in an "arrogant way", this becouse I basicly think they are studpid. And that is not to good on a funeral/wedding party.

Bugbear

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit