Show this to the young ones in the congregation

by EdenOne 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Divergent
    Divergent

This is exactly why they have toned down the use of strong language in the publications. It's best to say something vague rather than to strongly prophesy and look like utter fools & idiots when what is foretold ultimately fails to happen

• PhilJonesIII
    PhilJonesIII

There was a huge pressure on kids not to go to college or even contemplate further education in the early 70s. 'Higher Education will expose you to philosophies that can cause you to stumble....' being one of the reasons.

I happened to do very well at school so landed a first job as a lab-technician. I also got seriously lucky with the people I worked with. Even so, just being in an environment that was related to the 'scientific' got me some heavy councelling on how to avoid evil philosophies and the theory of evolution. We were a chemistry lab doing quantatative analysis, not the biology department of a local museum. Even so, my fall was inevitable in the eyes of some.

When I handed in my notice after about three years to go window-cleaning/pioneering my boss's jaw nearly hit his desk. He ( Doctorate and Royal Institute of Chemistry ) had taken a shine to me and taken me under his wing as it were. He always took time to explain details of his work which he clearly loved. He was an exellent teacher.

But I was also a self-rightous little JW-Nazi who only saw an instrument of Satan who was trying to lead me away from the light of God's Word.

I can only hope he found it in him to forgive me.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Wow. Powerful, mind-blowing, insightful.

Mistakes like this have made the intelligent JW stop worshipping God with the 'End is near' attitude, rather with the correct mindframe that God should be worshipped according to Rev. 4:11.

The 'Generation' doctrine put it all in perspective. Because of these 'egg in the face' comments the Org is much less into statements like these lately.

GC

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Sorry to hear that, PJIII; that's exactly why there needs to be awareness of the stupidity of the Watchtower's stand regarding higher education. We know WHY they do it; but the youngsters within the congregations and their parents are peer-pressured and obfuscated as to the real reasons why this is done. So, make them face history.

Eden

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

'I was also a self-rightous little JW-Nazi who only saw an instrument of Satan who was trying to lead me away from the light of God's Word.'

God, that rings a bell PJlll, we had to view everyone that encouraged us to get a career as an instrument of Satan.

My toes curl when I think about what I did & said in late 60' early 70's at the encouragement of the WBTS............. when I was so cock sure I had the 'Troof' & everyone else was trying to tempted me away from serving big ole J.

I harbour very dark feelings about the WBTS that have still not been resolved in my heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit