I am confused on the JW's 1000 year reign doctrine. Please explain it to me.

by booker-t 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• booker-t
    booker-t

I have always thanked Randy/dogpatch for creating free-minds because I always felt I was the only one that felt that JW's were teaching some nonsense. I admit I still think they got some of their teachings correct but one doctrine I think is full of bologne is the 1000 year reign doctrine. If Jesus came into power in 1914 and now it is 2014 does that mean JWs believe it will only be a 900 year reign? I have always wondered about how do they explain this contradiction. The bible says 1000 not 900 year reign. And the great trib/armaggeddon comes before the 1000 year reign I have always thought they taught this but now I am wondering. So let us suppose for the sake of argument armaggeddon/great trib comes next week Oct 2014 then do JWs believe after 900 years Satan will be let loose I am so confused by this doctrine.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Sorry, not able to explain it as I am confused myself!

• Splash
    Splash

What happens between 1914 and Armageddon does not count towards the 1000 year reign because it does not include the anointed.

The start of the 1000 year reign is still future.

Splash

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

The thousand year rain was thought up by WT which is a batshit crazy religion.

Shana

• kairos
    kairos

1000 year rain? Really?

Look what happened when it rained for just 40 days/nights!!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

None of it makes sense, but we knew that. I recommend you spend time thinking about things that create value.

• prologos
    prologos

The 1000 reign idea existed long before the WT. it's a concoction of Babylon TG.

The great WT invisible HOAX is the 100 year (and running) invisible rule starting in 1914.

so you have 3 kingdom rules.

"Kingdom of love" since Pentecost (Paul's idea) thought to be in progress.

Kingdom of 1914 ( WT writers's idea) growing long in tooth.

The Millenium. (Apocalipse, Church father's idea). praying and waiting now almost 2000 years but coming soon. ( people blown to "Kindom come" as we speak) so to speak.

all ramifications of the talking snake. (story)

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Just to clarify a bit: It's all totally made-up nonsense. Forget about it.

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

As was taught to me from the time I was born, the 1000 years starts after armageddon once a few billion people are wiped off the earth.
    The thousand years is spent cleaning the mess, then the resurrection begins, first with the righteous, then the unrighteous who are then made to learn and come to love jehovah. Oh god, I'm feeling a little nauseous. Then everyone plays around in an orderly fashion for the rest of the thousand years. Once that hits, Satan and his demons are let out to have a little fun. Anyone who rebels against god is destroyed forever and once Satan and his demons are gone, everyone who passed gods test get to live forever.
    I couldn't think of a more boring way to spend an eternity.

But I guess that's it in a nutshell.

• givemejustalittlemoretime
    givemejustalittlemoretime

the 1000 year rule is not literal it is symblic of eternity.Jesus has been ruling since the 1st century. The prohecise in Matthew were about the destruction of jeruslam in 70ad and the temple. That was the chosen generation and jesus came back for his elect in the 1st century just like he told them he would. THere is no dual fulfillment this is a deception.

Please check out my youtube channel seekchristwithin and i show you plainyl form the words of Jesus and the APostles that the 1st century was the end of all things

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit