You'll Never, Never Read This In The Awake!

by metatron 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Just Kidding - "In short... If there is no peace, 'World conditions are getting from bad to worse! The end is near!!!' If there is peace, "1 Thessalonians 5: 3 is being fulfilled. The end is near!!!' Either way, they are right!"

They're only right if the world goes to hell in a handbasket or some semblance of "world peace" is achieved and the Big A actually hits. If either scenario takes place, and nothing Biblical occurs, then - obviously - they're wrong.

x

Not that it would make much difference to any die-hard WT loyalists, of course.

I used to think that if/when either scenario actually happened and Fred Franz's End-Times script didn't play out the way it was supposed to, the WTS wouldn't recover.

Now, I'm not so sure; I suspect the majority of the present R&F aren't really all that familiar with it... at least, not the way we were back in the day.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Vidiot, true... but JW's will view each example as a step leading towards the big thing, which brings us back to square one all over again =P

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Just Kidding - "...true... but JW's will view each example as a step leading towards the big thing, which brings us back to square one all over again..."

Like in National Treasure...

...a clue that just leads to another clue, that just leads to yet another clue...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit