You'll Never, Never Read This In The Awake!

by metatron 12 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-world-is-becoming-a-better-place-2014-10

Yup, sorry Brothers. The world is getting better, not worse. Hard facts....

metatron

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

But, but, but...the persucution of JW'S!

It always felt wrong to hear "In this last system of things" or "Time of the end" etc.

Perhaps they meant the last of *their* system of things. There appeared to be a pretty decent exodus from the religion right around the time I left. WHich conincided with the rise of the internet.

• talesin
    talesin

I agree, but have to question this ... What, precisely, is a 'violent war death'? As opposed to a non violent war death? That graph is not credible to me.

I really think it's no better or worse than it ever was. Just different. It all depends on one's perspective. If you're hungry, it matters not that others have food. If you are suffering, it matters not that others live in comfort. If you are dying of a horrible illness, it matters not that others can get medical treatment.

Live life to its fullest, be kind to all living things, do what you can to effect positive change in the world. Like Don Henley said in his indictment of the criminal justice system, titled "The Garden of Allah":

"'Because there are no facts, there is no truth
    Just data to be manipulated
    I can get you any result you like
    What's it worth to you?'"

"'Because there is no wrong, there is no right
    And I sleep very well at night
    No shame, no solution, no remorse, no retribution
    Just people selling T-shirts'"

Just opportunity to participate in the pathetic little circus
    And winning, winning, winning'"

tal

• metatron
    metatron

I think they are referring to deaths of combatants primarily. We now have US wars that kill off less servicemen than a single Civil War battle.

metatron

• Divergent
    Divergent

Metatron, sorry to say that your line of reasoning does not apply. JW's love quoting the scripture in 1 Thessalonians 5: 3 -- "Whenever it is that they are saying, "Peace and security!" then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them"

In short:

If there is no peace: "World conditions are getting from bad to worse! The end is near!!!"

If there is peace: "1 Thessalonians 5: 3 is being fulfilled. The end is near!!!"

Either way, they are right!

• talesin
    talesin

Thanks, metatron. That makes more sense. When I thought of the 1/4 million Iraqis who were collateral damage in the latest invasion (toppling of Hussein regime), I had to wonder.

I think you make a good point, in terms of the way JWS would see it. There is no 'great tribulation', the elite still rule the world, and the poor still feed their greed. Nothing new about that.

Just Kidding - hmm, it's been a long time, but it seems to me that the OP is spot on. My understanding of the interpretation is different. I was taught that first we would see the 'signs of the times' that are listed in Matthew (wars, earthquakes, etc.), and then Thessalonians comes into play. There will be a declaration of peace (which I was taught in the 60s, began with the creation of the United Nations), and then the end will come! In 1975. ahahaha,,, it's so twisted ........ even as I'm explaining what I was taught, I can see how I was 'learning' two sets of prophecy at the same time. The good old WTS, applying the CYA rule of business.

What a crock!

tal

• Divergent
    Divergent

Talesin, wow... that was way before my time. During my time, the signs of the times in Matt 24 were constantly emphasized & there would be a period of "critical times hard to deal with" (2 Tim 3: 1), then somehow the nations would start to move toward a time of peace (1 Thess 5: 3), then the end would come. That's why I said metatron's example would only reinforce the idea that the end is at hand rather than the opposite as 1 Thess would be the JW answer to his example

• talesin
    talesin

Just Kidding - yeah, isn't that something? They can shuffle their 'truth' like nobody's business! Thanks for explaining - wow, they have an explanation for everything, and the light just keeps getting brighter! (haha, puke)

It's amazing to me that people believed the BS about the UN and 1975. Then it amazed me more, that they stayed in the cult, and believe this 'generations' nonsense. It's crazy, what?

:D

t

• Zoos
    Zoos

While not trying to play the role of a JW here, even I can see through the irrelevance of those graphs.

The war deaths graph only goes back to 1945 while the poverty and life expectancy graphs go back to 1820 and 1541(early 1800's for some countries) respectively. Right off the top it looks like they're trying to paint a picture with graphs that unbalanced.

Better food production and distribution alone can account for much of the poverty and life expectancy improvements.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Apostate lying college educated filth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit