Are you afraid something horrible will happen to you now you have left the Wt.

by Still Totally ADD 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

IYes, my primitive brain is afraid. The rational part of me gives thanks that I escaped the Witnesses and their ignorance and control. Wondrous things happened to me because I left. The excellent experiences far outweigh the bad ones. I developed agonizing facial pain. It required the full use of my brain and negotiating skills to navigate the medical haze. The financial situation would have been catastrophic. I no longer have agonizing pain.

I lived in NYC. During the darkest pain days, I would wake up at two or three a.m. and my primitive brain would start thinking if I took the subway to Bethel and confessed to my oppressors perhaps the pain would disappear. Maybe Robert DeNiro or Dustin Hoffman could pull it off. I would feel pretty silly confessing and atoning when no relief happened. They have no power over you that you do not grant them. Bethelites, even the GB members, die.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Yeah, I felt that uneasiness too when I decided to fade out but it goes away over time. When you realize what you've been taught is an absurdity of olympic proportions, your mind sort of makes this connection that nothing "bad" is actually going to happen after all. My life improved, contrary to everything they said would/should happen to a deserter.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

WOW all the great comments from you folks. I feel you have help alot of those who are thinking about leaving the cult but was afraid of what could happen. Great Job. Thanks to you all . Still Totally ADD

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The only bad things that may occur is being hounded by the elders and the org and being made to feel like you are a sinner, a bad person, an apostate etc if you leave!

If you don't let their intrusion affect your life, then those pressures will be avoided!

• Awake at last
    Awake at last

All the bad things happened to me when I was in the Borg Lol

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

No matter what I did or how hard I worked for the borg, I never felt worthy of making it past this life anyway. This worthless feeling is so deeply ingrained in my heart and mind, I don't think I can ever shake it off!

Dwain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit