Are you afraid something horrible will happen to you now you have left the Wt.

by Still Totally ADD 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I remember many years ago we would talk about those who leave the Org. something bad will happen to them. Because god was mad at them for turning away from the Wt. In our congregation there was this one person who left and started working this new job that required him to fly alot. One day the jet he was on crashed and all aboard died. All in the congregation was saying see this is what happens when you leave. I even heard one say Jehovah executed his judgement on that person. The question is when you first learned about TTATT did you fear something bad would happen to you? I have to admit this has crossed my mind once in awhile. Still Totally ADD

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

when you first learned about TTATT did you fear something bad would happen to you?

No not really because I realised the 'truth(tm)' was bilge.

I am now more worried about how horribly I will die because I know there is no god and no afterlife....this is all I have and it's pretty crappy right now.

One day the jet he was on crashed and all aboard died. All in the congregation was saying see this is what happens when you leave.

If this is the case how do they explain the Lillelid murders?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lillelid_murders

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I don't worry about it in the sense that I think leaving the cult makes me any more likely to have something bad happen to me, but I do worry about it in the sense that I don't want to be used as an example to reinforce the phobia indoctrination of this cult.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Actually I had the opposite experience. My objection to the WTBTS was two fold the Blood doctrine and Armageddon. When those unraveled for me and my wife the entire belief system collapsed.

We left in the mid 1960's........In a few years they announced that 1975 was the end time. I had already worked through their nonsense and we moved on with our lives. We didn't rejoin and hoped for the best instead we used the years to reinvigorate our lives through education and hard work. Never wasted a minute with meetings and the 'friends'.

In 1987 I had to have open heart surgery I needed a lot of blood. I recovered and have been around for all of these years enjoying my old age, our friends and family.

So all and all bad things were avoided by leaving when we did.

• KateWild
    KateWild

After I left I never really thought something bad would happen to me. I experienced such bad things while I was in the Org and trying my best to serve Jehovah that leaving could present me with nothing worse. I don't have this residual fear some do.

Kate xx

• joyfulfader
  • Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

What are you talking about? Something HORRIBLE was happening to me! I was a witness! Can only go up from here!

• sporece
    sporece

What do you expects the witness to say? Of course they will try to put fear in the hearts of those worshipping the watchtower.

Life is good outside the congregation and feel sorry for those grudgenly still knocking on doors.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I didn't worry at all from the off once I had left, because I knew I had left an Organization that had nothing to do with God or with Truth.

So, if I had subscribed to the idea that God would punish or reward me for my actions, I would have felt quite smug at the thought of God giving me a pat on the head for leaving.

I never did believe such tripe anyway, how would that work ? if it were true then surely all the bad things befalling good JW's, as Punk alludes to above, would prove it was not God's Org.

To believe that Jehovah would intervene to help some poor JW in some way and ignore all the other people on Earth makes Him a Monster.

I can see how a vestigial fear would hang on for some though, if they left for any other reason than it was not the truth. The answer is to do a little teeny bit of reading, a few pages on JWFacts.com say, and any such fear would disappear.

If you still believe in god, and that he loves Truth, you should be s**t-scared to still be having anything to do with the Tower of Lies.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

No, not even a little.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit