NEWS : New developments in the London Bethel relocation story

by raymond frantz 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• dozy
    dozy

" Would this not be part of a bigger plan to sell off all WT properties and buy new places to build putting these new properties under the name of a different Corporation as to keep the money or property from falling in to the hands of Child molestation victims??? "

In a sense , the WTBTS has already done this ( as have all large charities and organisations. )

In the UK , the WTBTS is split into 2 separate entities - the IBSA ( which is the property arm which holds and ringfences most of the properties and cash & investments ) and the Watchtower & Tract society of Britain which is the trading arm and has few assets. The IBSA is described as the sister charity of the WTBTS of B and "provides services " to it.

The WTBTS in USA doesn't publish accounts , but would surely have a similar structure in place.

All large organisations have similar strategies & structures nowadays to avoid catastrophic legal cases that would destroy the company. BP , for example , have something similar in place- otherwise it would have been forced into bankruptcy following the Gulf Of Mexico oil spill.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

What ever is going on and their reasons for doing it, I can certainly smell a rat. I sincerely believe for the money they have got, and for the fraction of abuse cases that can be successfully brought against them, this won't spell the end for them.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Cheaper property and a nice place for a fenced Doomsday Cult compound in the country.

• factfinder
    factfinder

marked

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The Roman Catholic Church tried to declare bankruptcy in some American city to avoid payment of pedophile law suit settlements. I believe lay people within the church and the press stopped them. Perhaps it was a suggestion that leaked out. I understand why they would leave cities --the compound mentality. Perhaps they don't need physical structures and transportation with the shift to Internet sources. Living in a compound can turn a weird religion even crazier and more brazen.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Band on the Run - "Living in a compound can turn a weird religion even crazier and more brazen."

It can and most definately does.

A few years back, Canadian national security departments and law enforcement collaborated on a serious study of homegrown fringe groups (yes, we have them up here, too, and no, I can't find it anymore), and determined that the first red flag in any group's activities is a withdrawal from an urban area to a rural one.

That's when their transition from marginilized fringe group to extremist group really kicks into gear, and when law enforcement and the federal government really start watching them.

I'd mentioned this in my very first post here, shortly after I'd learned about the WTS planning to move their HQ to Warwick (even money says they move Patterson's and Walkill's operations there before too long, too); it was the very first thing I thought of when I'd heard about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit