Mental Disorders among JW's

by Blackfalcon98 87 Replies latest jw experiences

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

Hi everyone, Im begining to notice patterns of mental issues in the congregations and among the witnesses as a group. Do you think this is a trend in the entire world or is it exagerated in this organization?

• sparky1
  • blondie
    blondie

So are you a psychologist or psychiatrist qualified to diagnose people without even having a professional appointment with them?

That's like looking around the congregation, thinking they have symptoms of cancer, and labeling them.

• Zordino
    Zordino

Blondie, what he's saying is that he notice's pecular behavior more so among JW's. I've noticed that big time myself. Don't need to be a professional to see a lot of weirdness in the org and other high control grounps.

• blondie
    blondie

So you are saying we are qualified to say certain individuals have mental issues> What mental issues are those. Do you realize that many, many "mental issues" are physical issues, a brain illness. Without being a qualified professional, how could you sort out the ones that aren't.

• sunny23
    sunny23

My father who is still a JW is also a Pharmacist and now attends his 3rd different congregation in a different state from the first 2 and likes to talk about all of the anti-psychotics he fills or has filled for fellow JW's from each of the congs including one of the ANNOINTED. Also very many anti-depressants and the occasional plan-b's, talk about awkward.

I remember growing up and watching him "make rounds" after the meetings talking to all of the people he fills scripts for to see how they are doing and to give them professional advice on their side effects. He put on a certain posture and visibly felt very important in those role as most of our cong was uneducated beyond high school. He got addicted to this i believe and is probably what he looks forward to most.

• sporece
    sporece

Nothing new. Half of the body of elders where i served were on Prozac as were many others in the congregation.

Don't know the % whether it's higher than the common population but for being the " happiest people on earth"

don't have much to show for it.

• Honesty
    Honesty

How would you feel and what do you think your mental and emotional state would be if you heard that God is going to have to kill all of your non-JW relatives and friends along with 7 billion other people just because they will not trust or obey 7 men in New York?

• cofty
    cofty

The disconnect between how you know you feel and how you are told you ought to feel must take it's toll.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

JWs relish the idea that 'Jehovah' will exterminate most of the human race...soon!!! They look forward to this. And, JWs are happy to allow their critically-sick kids to die rather than accept a life-saving blood transfusion. Additionally, JWs will cut off all contact with their own children if the kids decide to leave the Witnesses. To me, these behaviors are not just indicative of severe mental illness.....they are indications of moral blindness and, indeed, EVIL!!! Yes, I said EVIL!!! All those 'nice and kind' JWs are in fact monsters who enjoy inflicting pain and death on innocent people. Let's just start telling it like it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit