Life is short and I'm gonna love it thread!

by poopsiecakes 46 Replies latest jw friends

• MissFit
    MissFit

Bump: hey nobody has put good...great sex on the list.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

MissFit - that's a very valid point!

(added to my list)

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Regular great sex and cuddling

eating out with the family

going to musicals in the West End with my wife

my wife's cooking and baking

playing and joking around with my young son and hugging him

adventuring (we went trekking in Patagonia at the beginning of the year - amazing) and discussing literature, philosophy, politics and economics with my elder son and hugging him

travelling and the whole sensory walking, exploring (including scuba diving when I get the chance), eating and drinking experience that goes with that

watching rugby - particularly when the Wallabies win - a rare and special thing these days

good wine (Australian Shiraz is my favourite)

driving in the country in my 3.2 litre Audi A3 quattro sports - lots of grunt

reading a good book and watching a good movie

Xmas, birthdays, Halloween, Fireworks night, Easter etc.

I must say it's nice to do this list and appreciate the good things in my life

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

...and cycling, how could I forget cycling?

• MissFit
    MissFit

Frazzled: Great well rounded list.

Have you asked your wife for her list?

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Miss Fit - good idea - I will do that

• MissFit
    MissFit

Also share yours with her. Its such a great list.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

hi poopsiecakes - I responded to your challenge on the JW attitudes to women thread but I didn't see you comment so I am not sure whether I answered your query? Fraz

• undercover
    undercover

Traveling. Other countries and cultures. Expanding horizens and learning how people live in other parts of the world, and coming to appreciate them.

Partake in certain holidays, like Halloween. Don't really care about religious holidays like Xmas or Easter, but I do like Xmas lights, parties and the holiday spirit, so I go to the parties and wish everyone a Merry Xmas. And the booze is fun too.

Enjoying friendship with people who don't have a JW background. Amazing how 'normal', and well adjusted most of these people are.

Sleeping in on Saturdays, and then relaxing in a coffee shop mid morning, watching dubs come in all dressed up. It brings a moment of satisfaction to the revenge of living well and not having to serve a religious publication company.

Sleeping in on Sundays, and cooking breakfast for the family, and relaxing for a bit.

Visiting wineries, or brew pubs on Sundays, and watching NFL football, not having to get dressed up and sit in a stuffy building, or knock on doors, peddling magazines.

Watching any movie/TV show that intersts me without having to worry about the rating, or 'stumbling' 'weaker' dumb dubs

Same for reading material, especially books on history, world events, personalities and ideas.

Live music shows. Not just large concerts of major artists, but local bars/clubs watching local bands, regional bands, and underground artists.

I've experimented in, um, substances, and finally found my groove on my favorite way to unwind, which after experimentation I realized I do not need illegal vices, but does consists of a wide array of brewed, fermented, or distilled beverages. Oh wait... some of those distilled beverages are illegal...

... and lest I forget:

Pokes Poopsie

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

My life is my "one shot" to do something great. I keep asking myself what I can do to create value for this world that extends beyond my life. I am not there yet, but I want to make an impact. May be that is an arrogant attitude, but it is what it is.

I probably did not answer your question, but I hope my life is more than just having fun watching Seinfield reruns in my underwear - even if it magic underwear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit