What Was Your Opinion of Elder's Wives?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• prologos
    prologos

kalk, explain the term "me agera" or "meager/a?" or "m-eager-a!" an intriguing combination, like woman (elder's wives or not)

Men can not understand women, but

even if they could,

they still would not believe it.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

LITS and Aunt Fancy, You are married to good men who were true believiers trying their best to serve. So am I. I see a pattern where more and more of the good men who were Elders/leaders in the cult are leaving. Just look at our board, LOADS of ex elders!

• kaik
    kaik

Prologos, it was my typo, I meatn megaera, one of the furries whose speciality is spite or jealousy.

• prologos
    prologos

Kalk thank you I googled them and while we now achew types and antitypes, interesting that the ancients had a foreboding of what would happen in congregations today. hey!

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

As the son of one, I can tell you...My father (COBE) is a full-time pioneer (has to be one right?).

When he returns home, it's grab something to eat...Mom watches TV if not studying (or doing both at the same time).

After eating, he's off to the Office to work on ...Kingdumb shit until 11pm or later. This is the case for all except maybe one or two days out of the week.

The "until 11pm or later" part that is. I mean...he does JW shit in the office EVERYDAY unless they're on vacation somewhere.

My mom goes to bed alone most nights and I'm sure wishes he'd spend more time with her. She probably wishes she never pressed him to become an Elder because he went full-speed ahead and never looked back. His position is his most prized possession. Even SHE's said that.

• CaramelQueen
    CaramelQueen

Some were good, some were bad, and then there were two whom I referred to as the "Elderettes" These two witches knew everything about everything and had an opinion on EVERYTHING. Talk about pains in the azz! One in particular thought that ANY make-up, natural hair, fashionable clothes and even perfume was bordering on being a "loose woman" I wonder what ever happened to her. I remember her husband always looked like he was about to cry...I'm just sayin'

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Just as the cult personality does strange things to elders it can do strange things to wives aswell.

No one can live by these twerps rules and come off unscathed and unaffected in one way or another.

The org treats all women like second class citizens who are only allowed to be a supportive role

to "greatness", and that causes all sorts of passive aggressive behavior amongst the women.

Even if they never show that side of themselves to the men in their lives.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Superior attitudes. Gossipers. Smug.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit