Awake January 2015: How did life begin? - More misquotes

by Designer Stubble 82 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cognisonance
    cognisonance

Here is the full paper (html, pdf) that quote comes from.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    This is great stuff.  The only substantive content in this issue is manipulated and misleading.
  • cofty
    cofty

Great reply from Prof Singh. 

I think most creationists think there is some great conspiracy by scientists. The reality is most scientists view evolution deniers as unworthy of time or attention.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Bumping to add the link that notsurewheretogo posted on another thread:

http://jwalumni.org/2015/01/17/rama-singh-awake/

His letter asking the WTS to print an apology is pretty good.  The only thing I wish for was that he wouldn't have mentioned ex-jws in it.  I'm trying to decide whether or not to show it to my wife (Im already planning on showing her the misquotes this week) because I don't want her to come back with the typical character assassination that comes when an ex-jw is mentioned.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Now that the JWs are allowed to have Internet access devices, they're all a click away from finding out about WT's dishonesty.
  • westiebilly11
    westiebilly11
    shameful conduct to misquote an accredited scientist...particularly in view of their article in which they assured readers etc that they would ensure 100% accuracy in quotations etc..
  • St George of England
    St George of England

I must print these two e-mails and paste them in my wife's Awake magazine!

George

• blondie
    blondie

Gerard D. Hertel ’65 writes that he is “teaching the Bible as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, getting to know my wife of 33 years, Bobbie, a little better, enjoying my four granddaughters, and teaching and doing research as an adjunct professor in the Department of Biology at West Chester [Pa.] University.” Retired after 35 years with the USDA Forest Service, Gerard works on African violet habitat descriptions and forest health monitoring.

http://archive.umt.edu/montanan/f03/cnotes.html

http://darwin.wcupa.edu/faculty/hertel/

• cognisonance
    cognisonance

I have a signed copy of Rama Singh's open letter if anyone needs to dispel doubts over the authenticity of this newsletter. It's just a print out of his receipt of the letter from the evoldir mailing list from which he originally submitted it to. He signed it for me. I didn't doubt he wrote the letter, but I suspect some JWs may question it. If anyone needs it just send me a message.

• InjusticeSystem
    InjusticeSystem
    Does anyone know if the WBTS has taken any action or acknowledged the letter or the misquote at this point? I'm very interested to see if there will be a response of any kind or if they will simply ignore it. Also, on a broader note, does anyone know if the Society has EVER printed a retraction or a public apology in line with this type of situation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit