Awake January 2015: How did life begin? - More misquotes

by Designer Stubble 82 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Randomthoughts
    Randomthoughts

The WTBTS will deny lying but they are using very underhanded tactics.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The "Truth" is made up with alot of misquotes.

• sir82
    sir82

The ideal outcome to all of this would be for Dr. Singh to write to the WTS and demand a printed retraction in a future issue of Awake, and the WTS is compelled to do so.

• baltar447
  • dozy
    dozy

A shameful misquote. Sadly - just another one of so many from the Society.

• pixel
    pixel

Wow. So much for "world class research at WT". Idiots.

• elkatire1980
    elkatire1980

Have you seen the Spanish WT Magazine? It appears the full name of Gerard, the last name is Hertel. I dont know why in the english version they are hiding the last name of Gerard, maybe they dont want that we ask him about the article. The email of Gerard is this, [email protected], if anybody wants to email him.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Have you seen the Spanish WT Magazine? It appears the full name of Gerard, the last name is Hertel. I dont know why in the english version they are hiding the last name of Gerard, maybe they dont want that we ask him about the article.

Thank you elkatire1980 for that valuable piece of information. (His surname is included in some of the other European language versions too.)

Yes, it's weird that the English version does not have his last name which means something's fishy. It took a little while to dig around but ...

EUREKA!

... now it's all become clear.

From a cached page (2003) about alumni from the University of Wisconsin:

Gerard Hertel PhD'75 retired in January 2001 after thirty-five years with the USDA Forest Service, but he's certainly been busy since then. Hertel writes that he "now spends his time teaching the Bible as one of Jehovah's Witnesses; getting to know his wife of thirty-three years, Bobbie, a little better; and serving as an adjunct professor in the Department of Biology at West Chester [Pennsylvania] University," in his home community.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow!

This has blown my mind yet again.

This blatant misquoting to prove a line of thought that the original person never intended is the height of rudeness and unprofessionalism!

I want to show EVERY witness I know...but how can I do that without revealing how I found out the truthful info???

Aargh...stuck between a rock and a hard place!

• dozy
    dozy

The plot thickens.

I wouldn't put it all down to deliberate misrepresentation though. The quality & standard of writing is so poor now. I read through the Awake article for the first time. It almost seems to be at kindergarten level.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit