SAY WHAAAAT? YOU CRAZY DUDE!

by sparrowdown 24 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Seriously, endured a torturous conversation with an active Jdub yesterday

and he was frothing at the mouth about how "Muslims are doing the right thing with

executing the....." he then went on to list everyone from drugdealers to thieves to fornicators.

He said "countries where this sort of thing is happening have got it right!" and

"we can count on Jehovah to execute those ones, so we don't have to"

I was so stunned at how passionate this seemingly mild-mannered, level-headed person was

so candidly saying the most outrageous things and at the end of his rant just says

"ok then sparrow, nice to see you, bye"

WTF!!!!????

• Simon
    Simon

If non-muslims believe that then it doesn't seem a stretch to imagine that other Muslims do too.

Still, it shows the ingrained difference: even extreme christians believe it's not necessary for them to take action themselves.

How can people imagine these beliefs don't affect people's behaviour and actions?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Exactly!

I was speechless.

I was without speech.

Goes to show, you never know what extreme views are bubbling beneath the surface.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm really not. At all. It's why I avoid all conversations with JW's whenever possible - you never know what kind of jaw dropping, head scratching stuff will pop out of their mouths.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I heard a brother from bethel say that at a district convention once from the platform. "Jehovah's witnesses are not pacifists! We are christian warriors and we are just waiting for our king to start the war of armageddon! We are looking forward to him taking action to destroy the wicked (non JW,s)"

Coincidentally, I was just thinking of that very thing this morning, probably due to the flood of news about the attacks on Ottawa last night.

I thought the JW mentality is exactly the same. They may not take radical actions such extremist muslims do, but when you think and say, "you cannot belong to the JW club, because you do not believe exactly the same as we do" and "we do not want you in our family because you are not a JW", it's a short slippery slope from there, to: "we do not want you in our neighbourhood", "we do not want you in our country", " we do not want you on our planet", "you deserve to die" and then ..."we are tired of waiting for God to kill you so we will take action ourselves to make that happen".

First comes the belief, the thoughts and then the actions. JW's already have (and have always had) the mentality that allows such actions to be OK with them.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

You make some good points cogdiss, many JWs have zero problem with the executions and genocides

of the OT, in their mind the Godless and the unfaithful deserve their fate. Whether it be death by the sword

or being struck with leprosy. Slippery slope indeed.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

So the Muslim fanatics are now working for Jehovah! Is that it?

These fools couldn't think their way out of a paper back with a blowtorch and a razor knife.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

In my old KH, a marriage broke up in a public and nasty way; the woman ran away with an active elder.

Another woman I know, same hall, said:

"Too bad we don't stone adultresses anymore".

I kid you not.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

he was frothing at the mouth about how "Muslims are doing the right thing with executing the....."

Christians?

So he's a judge is he? Perhaps he should join the Islamic faith then if they do so many things better than the JWs.

• Simon
    Simon

Maybe it's just that you need to have been in a high-control religion to understand the mentality and thinking of members? I'm not sure many people who defend beliefs such as these really understand what goes on or how extreme even moderate looking people can seem from the outside.

It doesn't matter what is said in public - of course that is all PR. What do members say to each other in private? THAT is the real truth about any religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit