Service meeting video....what a non-event

by sir82 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Sir82, The odd thing was, it took the JW 7 minutes to go through his spiel, and he didn't even mention:

1) How 607 BCE was determined

2) How 2520 years was determined

How could they possibly get to 1914 without those two points???

• 88JM
    88JM

It seems like they are subsconsciously saying: "don't bother trying to explain 1914, because we know you won't be able to - even we can't really."

• minimus
    minimus

Sir, I have a sincere question for you: after about a decade of posting here, how do you remain as an elder? I believe you are an intelligent man. Why or better yet, how do you continue as an elder? You certainly are not misled and I understand the family situation, but how can you continue as an elder knowing what you know?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Perhaps the teaching is being deliberately presented in a confusing manner to j-dumbs??? Like the fictional householder, they want to feel smart like the GB!! They don't want to admit that they bought the "Magic Wiggly Worm" at full price!! LOL!!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ8hUQY4sVA

A humble man admits his ignorance. A humble person says," No, that does not make sense. Can you please explain X and Y??" As Sir182 said, all the important aspects were ignored. It seems the WTBTS wants to attract ignorant, prideful people into the fold, while retaining the same.

DD

• undercover
    undercover

how do you continue as an elder? You certainly are not misled and I understand the family situation, but how can you continue as an elder knowing what you know?

You heard of the French Resistance during WWII, right? Though occupied by the Nazis, many French continued their daily lives, making a show of obeying their new rulers, while behind the scenes working with the Allies to disrupt anything Nazi related. Some were armed and ready to fight, while others were more of an underground press, distributing news and creating passage for people to escape the Nazis.

While up front guerrilla warfare is pointless with the WTS, an underground free press, so to speak, as provider of accurate information about the enemy, can help people tunnel their way free of the oppressors. Even if it's only to free your immediate family, it may well be worth the effort to stay underground, working against the WTS' efforts to rule your family.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

I too am of the 5th column.

• flipper
    flipper

As I stated before on another thread dealing with this 1914 explanation video at the service meeting- this just smacks of desperation on the GB's part to REMIND JW's that the alleged " time of the end " is still pertinent to their belief system. And that the " time of the end " is still connected with the 1914 teaching of the alleged " Jesus starting his rule " then. If WT Society leaders would have to drop that teaching to JW's - they'd have proverbial egg all over their face . So this is an attempt to reel back in some JW's sitting on the fence about the WT Society's 1914 illusionary teaching. Really sick stuff. These people are so manipulated by WT leaders it's twisted

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

sir82, the OP's 'how to make toast' conversation is Classic.

(Taking the opportunity for another shameless plug for my parodies HERE and HERE.)

• SAHS
    SAHS

All I can say is, If you read the book “The Gentile Times Reconsidered” by Carl Olef Jonsson (a former JW), which I myself have, they you will very clearly see that it absolutely blows the WTS’ whole 607/1914 teaching completely to bits on a molecular level. It really shows the blatant academic dishonesty on the part of the GB and debunks the WTS’ pet theory through a methodical and meticulous examination of studies and conclusions by famous historical scholars. That book really puts the cards on the table for all to see. After reading it, it really opened my eyes to the fact that the WTS has stretched history by exactly 20 years to accommodate its ridiculous eschatology, which is based on nothing more than an eccentric Adventist pastor and a power/money-hungry tyrant (Russell and Rutherford, respectively).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit