Service meeting video....what a non-event

by sir82 48 Replies latest jw friends

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

..with twaddle like that being presented as doctrine it can only be a matter of time before the whole shenanigans implodes....when I was 'in' I questioned it, reasoned on it, discussed it..etc ....because I wanted to believe only what I chose to believe...based on sound reasoning..but now...utter twaddle....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I won't bore you with the details, but here is the approximate level of discourse, substituting "how to make toast" for "how to arrive at 1914":

..................................Absolute Proof of 1914..

.............................................................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Interesting that they are focusing on this issue. Probably means there is more and more questions on the subject.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

The whole thing is utter nonsense - but those 4 topics are the most nonsensical of all. And none of them were even hinted at.

It's been a while, but isn't part of the explanation that "a time, times and half a time" mentioned in the Bible means 3 1/2 times, but for some reason you double that and that leaves you with seven times? I seemingly remember a convenient interpretation of "times" to mean "2" when it could actually be any number from 2 to infinity, but the Society just simply said it meant "2." So time = 1, times = 2, half a time = 1/2, all of which added up to 3 1/2.

Does this ring a bell or has JW nonsene finally begun receding from memory?

• sir82
    sir82

Yes, that is their assertion - that "times" must mean "2 times" and no other explanation is possible.

In video, the moron tells the nitwit he'll be back to explain more detail next week - if there is a sequel video, they'll probably go over that then.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

They get 7 times from Daniel 4:16

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Talk about ever decreasing circles until you disappear up your own backside.

Barking.

• prologos
    prologos

and to add to sr82 list:

5) how do we go from a insane vegetarion Nebuchadnezzar to an equivalent invisible, invincible jesus? (we know the wt answer, but it was not touched.

Can anybbody confirm how this video relates to the articles in the Oct i page 10 and Nov.1 page 8 articles, conversations on the start of god's kingdom?

A critique of those articles were used in this week's service meetings outside the US. sans video.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

They get 7 times from Daniel 4:16

Maybe the "time, times and half a time" language "explains" the gap between 1914 and 1919 (when the the Bible Students were supposedly chosen by God). Like I said, it's been a while. I distinctly remembe studying the Revelation Grand Climax book and being unsatisfied by the explanation.

Edit: Not trying to hijack, but I found this in a copy of the old Revelation book:

How long did this respite for the seed of God’s woman last? Revelation 12:6 says 1,260 days. Revelation 12:14 calls the period a time, times, and half a time; in other words, three and a half times. In fact, both expressions stand for three and a half years, extending in the Northern Hemisphere from the spring of 1919 to the autumn of 1922. This was a period of refreshing recuperation and reorganization for the restored John class.

Three giant leaps of logic here: (1) Times means exactly two times (2) three and a half times means three and a half years (3) This prophesied a random period of time between 1919 and 1922, a period of "refreshing recuperation and reorganization."

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Wow....I miss going to the meetings SO MUCH...no, that's a lie. I could barely stomach the nonsense spewing forth when I left, so I cannot imagine how anyone could sit through this and not smack themselves and say, "Idiot! This is utter nonsense! Get out and do something with your beautiful life!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit