I Was Asked To Perform A Marriage Ceremony But Don't Know I'm Qualified

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"....and by the power vested in me by the state of New York as a minister of The Universal Life Church, I pronounce you husband and wife."

I would never try to say I was still technically a JW minister. But that link to The Universal Life Church Monastery encourages everyone, regardless of their beliefs, to become ordained and preach their own message, thereby being able to perform wedding official duties. And if your belief includes preaching in silence that everyone should be free to sit under their own fig tree and believe something completely different from you, you fit right in with The Universal Life Church Monastery. It only sounds Christian because there are some of those there and it's meant to sound Christian to those that question.

I am seriously going to look into that.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I wouldn't think it's too hard to be authorized to perform a wedding in NY State, I don't know if you were a fan of Joan Rivers but a month or so before she passed she posted on her Twitter page pictures of a gay couple that she officially married, not just going thru the motions. So if the state approved an entertainer I guess they'd approve just about anybody.

• mana11
    mana11

oh the honor and the glory!...

oh the status in the congregation.......

reach out for the goal of giving the wedding service!.

Free food, Fan base, new clothes, 30 minutes of fame, face on videos, short term power trip.

most JW's that provide this service are power drunk !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit